cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth upgrading from fibre unlimited to fibre unlimited extra

mickr62
Grafter

Worth upgrading from fibre unlimited to fibre unlimited extra

I am on fibre unlimited at the moment and get 36m download speed which is good . I am thinking of upgrading to unlimited fibre extra, but when I look on plusnet web site they do not guarantee any improvement in download speed  which appears to be strange as other providers are giving a speed of 55m download speed. I dont want to pay extra to switch and then find out I cannot get any better speed. Can anyone at plusnet tell what speed I will get

With thanks

Mickr

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisAylesbury

Re: Worth upgrading from fibre unlimited to fibre unlimited extra

Be careful about going for the extra fibre because it may not be possible to get the higher speed. A reason is that if you have fibre to a cabinet you may have copper cables to the house and depending on the distance from the cabinet  to the house there can a large signal loss and thus there is an upper speed limit. I currently have this problem and  moving to Plusnet fibre extra or to other providers will not give me a faster broadband. 

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Put your phone number into https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

The VDSL speeds give a rough indication of the top speed available.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @mickr62

Looking at the speed estimates of your line these are between 38.8mbps and 55.3mbps with your minimum guaranteed speed being around 35mbps (We'd give you an exact minimum guaranteed at the point of sale though), so while there'd be a chance you'd be able to achieve a higher speed there's also a chance you wouldn't. Undecided

The good news is that a basic fibre to fibre extra upgrade takes 1 working day so you'll have around 13 days of your 14 day cooling off period if you decide the extra speed if any isn't worth the increased cost, and we'd be happy to revert you back onto your previous package and agreement/cost.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet