cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst fibre broadband

Rumman786
Hooked

Worst fibre broadband

I took new fibre optic broadband. Since day one signal keep dropping out. Every time I ring Different agents advice different things. Nothing’s has worked. I never had problem with any other provider. Worst decision I made taking Plusnet broadband
19 REPLIES 19
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Worst fibre broadband

Welcome to the Forum @Rumman786

I think that we - other customers who are trying to help - will need a bit more information to be able to assist you. To start: is this a problem with your wifi connection to your hub, or a problem with the connection from the hub to the outside world?

TinaS

I've had the same issue. Switched yesterday. Dropped twice today. Router goes orange and I have to keep signing in. Really disappointing.
Rumman786
Hooked

It’s the wifi. Even if I am standing next to the hub I loose signal within minutes. Also when I search for network to connect a lot of times it does not even show plus net name
BrightonRock
Pro

@Rumman786 There are several possibilities. Obviously a faulty hub is one.

But there is one other thing that it may be worth trying first. There have been reports that some kit - particularly but not exclusively Apple equipment - can get confused by the hub broadcasting wifi on 2 frequencies and switches from one to the other, or even drops the connection. It might be worth separating the two signals and see if that helps. @bill888 has posted how to do that at https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...

BrightonRock
Pro

@TinaS Welcome to the Forum.

It may be worthwhile starting your own thread as your problem may not be the same as that plaguing @Rumman786 It sounds different and it would be helpful if you could explain in a bit more detail. Particularly whether this is a wifi problem or a general connection problem. Which what lights are changing etc.; when it happens, if there is any pattern; and what you have to do to recover?

TinaS

Morning,

Yes, thank you. I'll start a thread. Sorry for hijacking this one. Have a good day.
Rumman786
Hooked

I have tried splitting it in two and still loosing WiFi. Isn’t it Plusnet problem when I search the WiFi and Plusnet does not even show most of the times. Will I be stuck with this bad connection for whole year? Why I have to pay for something for whole year when it does not work. How is that fair?
sleepyjones
Hooked

I wouldn't bother trying to fix it, it's Plusnet, it's gash.

Rumman786
Hooked

I have told them so many times but they are not listening. Could be Hun problem or something else. First agent I spoke to did not even had any idea how to try to fix it. Told me to wait 10 days and it will settle down. I told her no one provider has ever said that. But she said that’s how your signal will get better
BrightonRock
Pro

Sorry splitting the wifi didn't help.

If you are a new customer and the hub is faulty, then Plusnet should provide a new one. You would have to keep stressing to them that it is a wifi problem (if that is what it is!). Have you tried doing a factory reset to the Hub? Plusnet will ask you to do that before they would send out a replacement.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

The 10 day thing is a myth on fibre.

What I am not clear on, is what problem are you having.

I am guessing its using wireless?

Have you tried a different router, as has been said already, that could be the problem?

Have you used any WiFi analysers to see if the channel is being blocked by another router close by?

Rumman786
Hooked

It’s wifi problem. Signal keep dropping every few minutes even if I am standing next to the hub. I have used another router too. I have used so many different channel and I have split the signal also. I regret taking out Plusnet. I read good reviews that’s why I took it. And the company is not helping much also
BrightonRock
Pro

What happens when you use the other router? Did you still have a problem with the wifi signal disappearing? If so, then, appearances to the contrary, you haven't got a wifi problem.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Hopefully a staff member will pick up on this and show you a graph of your connection.

Have you tried a wired connection to see how that works. If you connection is solid on wired then indeed you do have a WiFi problem. However, if you've tried a second (non PlusNet) router then potentially the problem is at your end and not with PlusNet.

WiFi reception can be a dark art!!!

Brian