cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Customer Experience Ever

Blinkingdogg

Worst Customer Experience Ever

Friday woke up no internet.

Spoke to lady waited an hour, after an hour of diagnostics told me it needed to go to faults department. I asked when I would have a fix. She said the problem would be resolved (key word) within 72 hours so would be done by Monday evening latest. She also told me if it was discovered to be my fault I would have to pay £65. Lovely.

Used my mobile phone to hotspot for the 4 days. And used up all my data have had to pay more! It’s expensive.

Monday afternoon I have had no answer at all, no call, no text, no update on the ticket. So as I am to busy at work to call I start a web chat with [CSA Removed].

He informs me I was lied to on Friday and that the 72 hours did not include weekends and that the 72 hours was for the fault team to look at the ticket not resolve it. I said this wasn’t good enough and that I wanted a faster turnaround, especially after being told the lie on Friday, and he closed the chat on me.

I started another chat with another guy who listened to the story so far, apologised for the behaviour of the first two of his colleagues and said he had a friend in faults who owed him a favour and would get them to look into the issue and update me by the evening.

On Tuesday morning I still have received no information or update at all. Decided the service received so far isn’t good enough and call talk talk to sign up with them from 23rd December. I wait all day and then call Plusnet again at 9pm... I still need a resolve in the meantime. Finally get through to a guy who tells me he has friend in faults and that I will hear from him by 12pm on Wednesday. The guys in the call centre have a lot of friends in faults!

3pm Wednesday still no answer or communication whatsoever. Phone back up, explain the situation. The guy tells me that because I have moved to talk talk they have disconnected my line at the exchange and that’s why I have a fault. I explained this is impossible, the fault existed before I moved, he said it couldn’t have, I explained it did that’s why I decided to move. He put me on hold for half hour, told me he was going to get me reconnected but it would take 5-10 days, I said that’s unacceptable, that would mean I would be without internet for 16 days, he told me if I hadn’t have moved to talk talk it wouldn’t have caused three issue, I explained yet again that the issue was present before I decided to leave and that I needed a fix.he told me that if I paid more monthly for a business account I could have quicker resolves!! Unbelievable. I asked what had happened to cause this issue he said he didn’t know and would pass me through to provisions.

Got through to provisions they said they didn’t know what had happened and that unfortunately it took 5-10 days to reconnect me, they said only faults could tell me what happened and passed me back, who put me on hold again for ages. Explained he whole situation to another guy, put on hold. Was told provisions where talking with BT and would phone me back with both on the line to come to an agreement with me.

Provisions phoned me back, no by on the line though. apparently one of the bt engineers must have made a mistake and disconnected my line when setting up a new customer and that’s why I had a fault. They had quoted a 10 day fix time but had agreed to have it fixed within 4 days. I agree to this compromise even though it’s going to cost me a fortune in data I will have to buy at no fault of my own.

Provisions phone me back shortly after, and tell me that the reconnect keeps failing as there is no fibre available in my area, I say how can that be I have been a fibre customer for three years, she said that’s what the system is saying. She puts me on hold. Comes back apparently what must have happened is when bt unplugged my line and placed another line in the fibre port, it was the last available. So more than likely they had done it to fulfil another customers order because when they got to the exchange there was no ports left. So totally BT’s fault. I told her I wasn’t a bt customer, I was a Plusnet customer so the fault as far as I am concerned lies with Plusnet. I asked her what could be done, she said she could give me a lower speed. I said I didn’t care about the speed as-long as I get a service back in a reasonable time period. She said she would guarantee a connection by Friday at the latest. I asked her to update the notes in the member centre for future ref if it didn’t happen and could I have the number direct to her department. She said ok and gave me the number. Very polite lady.

5 mins later I get a text message saying that after our call she had found a problem with my postcode and had raised a tags query which would add an additional 5 days onto the TAT. I don’t know what a tag query is.

I phoned back on the number she had supplied. I explained the story from start to finish to someone else which took me about fifteen minutes who proceeded to tell me I was talking to the wrong department and transferred me to provisions to speak to another guy called [CSA Removed]. I explained, my now long boring story, to him.

[CSA Removed] said he had no idea what the issue with my postcode was about and said he had never heard of such a thing so ignore it. I asked him to confirm the 4 day TAT she had promised. He put me on hold. He came back and said that the order was now being cancelled every time they put it through because the line was secured by talk talk and the only way I could get service with Plusnet again before the 23rd switch over is if I cancel the order with talk talk. I asked how long it would take if I did this and he said he would do is best to resolve it within 3 days if I gave the ok to cancel the talk talk order. I told him if he got me back up and running within 3 days and the service stayed stable I would consider staying with Plusnet and ask for my account to be credited with the downtime. He said he would do his best, cancelled the talk talk order and has promised to keep me up to date over the course of tomorrow and update at regular intervals as the resolve progresses.

I have never in all my life had, or even heard of, such an awful customer journey as the one I have experience over the last few days. I have spoken to at least ten people from Plusnet, every person I have spoken to has given me a different story, I have been lied to, promised without delivery several times, told I am not paying enough for the customer service I am after, told that a 16 day TAT for fixing a faulty service is industry standard, had the blame put on BT and that it isn’t Plusnet fault, told I was at fault for switching to talk talk (after the fault occurred) and to get all of this information I have had to initiate the calls, not once since I logged the fault early Friday have I had one update from Plusnet without forcing a response.

I will update how I get on tomorrow and next 72 hours, but in the meantime can someone tell me how I go about getting my account credited for the downtime, let alone being downgraded to a slower speed, and how do I talk about compensation for the money I have had to spend on finding an alternative manner of accessing a service I was already paying you for?

I am hoping someone from plusnet reads this and can also put further pressure on the teams for a resolve?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA names removed as per Forum rules.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Worst Customer Experience Ever

Hello there. I'm sorry to read about your experience.

I'm looking into this for you now and I'll post back soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Having reviewed your account, I can see your connection went off in the early hours of Friday and you called us to report a fault soon after. Towards the evening, we received notification from another provider to takeover your service. It looks like the transfer order your prospective new provider placed is irrelevant here.

Our suppliers (BT Wholesale, or BTW) placed a cease order on your broadband service in error.

The cease order started on the 7th. So it's likely that as it was progressing through the various systems, it knocked off your internet connection soon after, until the order eventually completed on the BTW front-end systems on the 11th.

When coming in to reprovide your services, there's a records issue stopping us from placing the order. Records tell us that broadband is already on the line when it isn't now. So I can see we've raised a TAGS Query* with BTW to investigate.

*This is basically a request to investigate a records issue with the broadband product availability of a line.

Unfortunately, it's a little more than this. Our suppliers have informed me that the cease order is still active on the back-end Openreach systems. They've raised an escalation proforma to investigate that which can take 48 hours. When that's done, BTW should then be able to cease the asset on their back-end systems entirely.

From there, records should be showing correctly and we should then be able to place your broadband order and request it's expedited for as soon as possible due to the issues our suppliers have caused.

With regards to no capacity at the cabinet to place a fibre order, this is information we've received from BTW.

However, I've checked the Openreach site here and there does seem to be capacity, but we should know for certain when we're able to actually place the order.

I've moved one of the tickets on your account to my teams workflow so I can keep an eye on this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

how do I talk about compensation for the money I have had to spend on finding an alternative manner of accessing a service I was already paying you for?

It looks like I missed this part earlier, sorry about that.

I'll be happy to refund the downtime you've had and discuss a gesture of goodwill with you when this is resolved.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet