Did you mean: 

Working from home, cannot connect to internet

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Working from home, cannot connect to internet

Thanks for the confirmation @russells9 

Excellent that's good to see! I've discussed this with a colleague and I'm leaving the static IP on for you free of charge.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
russells9
Hooked

Thanks, much appreciated.

You've really helped me.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Not a problem. Always happy to help in any way we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Gandalf wrote
...I believe that the Cisco AnyConnect doesn't play well with certain dynamic IP ranges (I could be wrong though)

Just to pipe in and add some clarity here. Cisco AnyConnect is a dumb client. It has no bearing on your ability to connect to a VPN using a Plusnet connection. In fact, our very own corporate VPN is dependent on AnyConnect, and there are zero issues connecting to that from any of our dynamic IP ranges.

What is of relevance is:-

• Whether or not there is a clear routing path between the client and the VPN endpoint. If the routing is broken, traffic cannot get to the endpoint to establish the tunnel.
  • How the endpoint treats the traffic once it gets to it i.e. does it consider certain IP ranges to be outside of the UK and refuse connection attempts?

In order to establish which of the above we're looking at, the first port of call is normally to ask the administrator of the VPN endpoint to check their logs and confirm:-

• Whether or not traffic from your IP address is hitting their server.
  • Assuming it is, what else do the logs contain?

It can also sometimes help to provide a (preferably UDP) traceroute to the IP address of the VPN endpoint from the Plusnet connection.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

matthew01

In my opinion you go with those VPNs which is compatible with multiple devices and router's might be your issue was resolved.
https://www.topvpnservice.com/blog/best-vpn-multiple-devices/ 

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Personally I wouldn't touch any of those VPNs with a bargepole. They are intended to hide your online activities from others - if you use any of those the assumption is that you are doing something that you want to hide.

This thread was about problems connecting to corporate VPNs to allow you to work remotely. The VPNs in the link you provided don't do that, they just earn commission for the site owner - that wouldn't be you would it? It seems you registered just to post the link!