cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless light is flashing orange.

Benleary87
Hooked

Wireless light is flashing orange.

Hi, I'm recently a new fibre broadband customer with my activation date being last week. I received my router connected it all up and all I seem to get is orange light and red flashing. I've rang up the helpline and although my mobile signal wasn't great did all the steps they said and changed both the admin passwords and the user passwords and still nothing. I was wandering if anyone can help
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Wireless light is flashing orange.

Assuming you have a PN Hub One Router, have you tried re entering user name + password as on 'plate'

on Router, provided with this detail on?
Are you certain your BB has been activated/ had an e mail from PN confirming.

Benleary87
Hooked

Hi yes it's a hub one sorry I forgot to say. Yeah I've tried all passwords both the late and the ones I changed it to. And I had my activation email a week ago
Benleary87
Hooked

I get to the broadband username and password to connect and it doesn't do anything except say not secure.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Welcome to the forum.

Can we start from scratch, which light(s) precisely are on and what colour? See here:https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/ then go to the section 'If you can't connect, check the lights on your hub' section. If the Power light (in the middle on the front of the Hub One) is not showing blue then you're not connected to the internet. An orange flashing wireless light indicates that the WPS button has been pressed.

Are you using wireless or are you connected to the router via an Ethernet cable?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Benleary87
Hooked

Hi. I'm on the hub one. With a orange power light and a flashing red b underneath it. It's plugged into my laptop via Ethernet cable currently
maybeicanhelp
Dabbler

Push a pin into the back of your hub and try a factory reset.

While its resetting, login here: https://www.plus.net/index_nlp.html
Whatever username and password lets you login there, is your broadband username and password.

Once your router is reset, make sure in your router settings (http://192.168.1.254) you go to Advanced Settings > Broadband and your details are;
Broadband Username: yourusername@plusdsl.net
Password: the password that lets you onto the member centre.

Hopefully this fixes the issue, if not you may have to speak to technical support again.

Benleary87
Hooked

Hi thanks for replying I tried what you suggested but when I get to the broadband page I typed in all my correct details and when I clicked connect it just says not secure in the address bar and does nothing. Tho k I'm going to have to ring them. Thanks
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Don't worry about the 'not secure' message. It's a generic message that doesn't know that your password is not being transmitted to the outside world.

What can happen is that either Openreach failed to connect you due to a last minute non availability of an engineer to make the connection. When this happens Plusnet are notoriously bad at advising the customer. Also it's possible that Plusnet haven't properly activated your account.

You need to contact them either by phone or using live chat. Note that live chat will not work if you use a pop up blocker. These are frequently automatically switched on in some browsers so you may need to go into the browser settings and temporarily disable it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Benleary87
Hooked

Ok will bring them up. Thank you all for your help hopefully will have this sorted
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Just as a note, a solid orange light with a flashing red b is no sync. If the issue related to passwords or not activated account it'd be solid orange with a solid red or orange b. The account likely is activated as the email was sent (check the content-make sure it's broadband and not phone).

Either there's a set up problem-check the cables etc and that you're correctly filtered (no filter in a double socket). If all good call support for a line test (unless one of the staff here can run this)-could be a line issue, bad or failed install etc especially if the phone line has any issues or even a faulty router.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I can see the line fault we reported has been cleared back to us today so it should be resolved now. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team