cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless light is flashing orange.

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Wireless light is flashing orange.

I am using Plusnet Hub One and noticed the Hub light status was: 'Wireless light flashing orange.' I have never seen this warning before and having referred to the written guide was not much wiser.

'I am not sure what 'Click the button to connect (on your computer or adaptor)........' really means so I accessed Hub Manager and reconnected.

All is now ok but for the future can anyone enlighten me by explaining what 'Hub in WPS automatic connection mode' means?

My hub connects with the TV and also a music centre; I have not changed any settings so have no idea why my internet connection failed.

I shall be grateful for any suggestions.

By the way; I was tempted to call Plusnet support - at 2145 24th November waiting time was 30 minutes. Black Friday?

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Wireless light is flashing orange.

Somewhere on the Hub One is the WPS button which I guess you accidently pressed. Whilst this is active you can connect new wireless devices by simply pressing a similar button on the device. After a while the orange flashing light should time out and the hub return to normal.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Hello Baldrick1,

Thanks for your reply,

The hub was working ok when I left the destop; it was when I returned several hours later that I noticed the flashing orange light.

Yes the WPS button is on the top right of the hub and no, I could not have accidently pressed it nor could anything have knocked against it.

I switched the router off and on several times - each time I got a short period when the blue light showed then it was back to the flashing orange

When I looked at the Hub Manager it said that internet was disabled.

Still a bit of a mystery but thanks again.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

It sounds like a suspect router to me. I would contact Plusnet. I don't understand your comment about a half hour wait for them to answer the phone being connected to Black Friday, I fear that you will find that this sort of delay is typical.

The problem you will have is that by continuously powering on and off the Openreach DLM will slow your line down to try to compensate. This may take ages to recover after the problem is fixed.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Thanks for that Baldrick1,

Since last night all has worked well - no orange light.

The comment about the half hour wait for telephone support was meant to be ironical.

I am not in the habit of powering on and off but was a bit desperate last night. I know someone who often complained to me about slow broadband speeds - it turned out she switched off her router each night to 'save electricity.' Her speeds eventually improved after my advice.

Yes the router could be supect - I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Incidently, this Saturday afternoon at 1515 Plusnet telephone support has delays of 40 minutes - some time ago we were promised improved response times but things don't seem to have improved.

Thanks again.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Two posts released from Spam Filter and removed as duplicates.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Thanks for Mav - I did some editing and it didn't show up so iI did it again!