cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless drop outs

JahPete
Rising Star

Re: Wireless drop outs

Contacted BT again and they said there was no fault. When I told them this is what happened before and a fault WAS found, they did more tests and Voila! they found the fault and an engineed will arrive.... again.. 🙄

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Let us know how it goes please @JahPete.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
JahPete
Rising Star

BT informs me that the "fault should now be fixed". I'm still getting the same slower speed result, so maybe you could check to see if the fault is still registering.... Thanks. Pete.

JahPete
Rising Star

UPDATE:

Just checked my speed and it's back up to over 30 Mbps.... So, I guess BT have repaied the fault (again).... Let's hope their repair lasts longer than 2 months this time around.... 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @JahPete,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on here. I'm glad to hear that your speed has now improved and hopefully you won't experience any further connection problems. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you do notice any issues or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
JahPete
Rising Star

#Sigh#.....

Been doing speed checks since it was "fixed", and all was well until today. The speed dropped from 32Mbps to 27Mbps. I'll monitor it over the coming week. If the speed keeps decreasing I imagine the fault will have reappeared.... Watch this space...

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @JahPete,

I'm sorry to hear that your speed has dropped again. I've tested your line and the test is again picking up a fault on the landline side, unfortunately. Please contact your landline provider and ask them to investigate this fault further:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID XXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 31.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 6.9 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 964.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-25M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2020-02-08T14:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 24.9 Mbps 34.9 Mbps 32.2 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 6.4 Mbps 6.9 Mbps 6.5 Mbps
Up Time 2.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 890.9 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2020-02-21T13:24:36Z 2020-02-21T13:39:36Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 14
Errored Seconds 1 1
Severely Errored Seconds 1 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Moderators Note: Service ID removed

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
JahPete
Rising Star

Well, just had another excruciating online chat with the BT help desk. It took nearly an hour to convince them that there was a fault even though they wouldn't have it. In the end I got them to talk to a manager as it was my third time reporting the same fault.... I do hope they fix it properly this time, because I can't face another one of those chats.... I'll let you know when I hear anything.

JahPete
Rising Star

The Openreach engineer was on site yesterday. No fault was found. He checked my equipment indoors and advised me that the hub I had was out of date (supplied by you recently). He also said he was registering 41 Mbps when he connected to the line, but my connection was capped at 30 Mbps, I'm not sure if this explains my speed drop offs, but it maybe doesn't help. Anyway, just done a speed check and I'm up to 30 Mbps again, so all good for now, although I'm confident it won't last for long... The thought of another hour long "chat" with the BT help desk (almost certainly in Asia) doesn't appeal, so I won't sign off this current fault immediately.

JahPete
Rising Star

Any reaction to my previous post regarding Openreach's engineer visit? The speed is slowly coming down again (as before) and I am now officially fed up with the toing and froing between me you and BT.....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for geting back to us @JahPete apologies for the delayed response and I'm sorry to see you're still having issues.

Our tests are still showing a potential fault with the phone line. At this stage I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net posting back once you've done so and we'll see what we can do to progress this with Openreach.

As a side note I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to transfer your phone line across to us as this makes fault finding and investigations so much easier, that way we won't need to pass the buck so to speak. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JahPete
Rising Star

Fault raised just now........

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Pete, I've just progressed the fault now and added a reply to the ticket Here.

Once you've responded I'll book the engineer as soon as I can

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JahPete
Rising Star

Yet another Openreach engineer was here today (over 5 hours without internet access!), and guess what? Although they could identify there was a fault, they couldn't locate where it was. Apparently it was likely to be buried somewhere and a hole (or several holes) would need to be opened to investigate....  🙄

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update, I've checked the engineer notes and that's pretty much what we've been told as well. At least they've identified a potential fault and there's further work in progress to try to get to the bottom of this.

It looks like another engineer has picked the job up this morning so I'll check back tomorrow,

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet