cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 router compatability

wire

Windows 10 router compatability

I've just had an issue with two machines running Windows 10 which stopped connecting to the internet. I had an error message on windows of "one or more network protocols are missing from this computer" and it refused to connect to internet sites. After several days looking for windows registry faults it finally proved to be the Plusnet router. The model was a Technicolor TG582n (software release 10.2.5.2.FO), which appears to be incompatible with Windows 10.
Plusnet, to their credit, immediately agreed to replace the router with a new "Hub One" model which arrived within 24 hours and that solved the problem.
There appears to be nothing on the internet regarding Windows 10 network problems with this router so hopefully this post will offer some clues to anyone suffering similar symptoms.
4 REPLIES 4
Krazeh
Grafter

Re: Windows 10 router compatability

Haven't had any issues with Windows 10 and my TG582N. How exactly did you determine it was the router at fault?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Krazeh
How exactly did you determine it was the router at fault?

My thoughts exactly, considering the answer to the problem is in the error message.
"one or more network protocols are missing from this computer"

Surely adding the missing protocols to the network card should have fixed this without the need for the router to be replaced!
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

I think it's very unlikely to be the router as well. Routers operate to very well known standards and are designed to work with a wide variety of kit and operating systems.
http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/30073-network-protocols.html
Some suggestions on that thread.
steveuk
Grafter

I have also seen that error popup after people have used spybot anti beacon on windows 10 so if you use that program be carefull what you immunize with it.