cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my current setup be fine for Fibre Install?

griffkee

Will my current setup be fine for Fibre Install?

Hello - I am a (pending) new Plusnet customer, after having been with BT for a number of years.

I have a slight concern that my current setup may not make the switchover simple, so would appreciate any experienced advice or reassurance!

My current setup is a BT FTTC - with a separate Huawei EchoLife router connected to a BT HomeHub 4 (type B) providing the actual wifi signal. This was all installed a while ago (I'm in Northern Ireland and we have benefited from some early FTTC) and the openreach master socket also doesn't look like the later models - or in the documentation.

I've attached some photos, and I'm hoping the plusnet hub can just be plugged in to replace both, and I'll be good from day one, but keen to hear others experiences or advice.

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Will my current setup be fine for Fibre Install?

@griffkee  Welcome to the forum.

This set up will work perfectly fine with Plusnet. Just remove the modem and router and put the Plusnet hub in their place.

Hang on to your current modem and router. They can be used with Plusnet by tweeking a few settings in the router should your new hub fail.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

griffkee

Re: Will my current setup be fine for Fibre Install?

Thank you very much!