cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi persistently dropping out - It can't just be me can it?

kingwells2

Wifi persistently dropping out - It can't just be me can it?

Evening All,

My WiFi drops out from mainly mobile devices particularly when I am on Whatsapp calls.  I am right next to the router to there can be no excuse.

If i'm in the next room my signal is generally poor and I cannot have my camera on during microsoft teams meetings otherwise the call drops in and out.

Getting a signal upstairs is hit and miss at all times.

I've recieved nothing in terms of support from Plusnet other than advise to buy a better WiFi router than the one they give you for free.  Not particularly helpful.

They also told them that they only have to deliver WiFi speed to the house and not guarantee that it practically works.

Overall it's been very poor service and I'll not come back once by cintract ends and that includes BT.  I can;t trust them any longer.

1 REPLY 1
alanwilson42

Re: Wifi persistently dropping out - It can't just be me can it?

Hello, I don't know if anyone can help here as I've not been able to sort out my problem.

This Question 204995011 is active I believe. The engineer came on Monday 17th August and tested the connection, said it was all clear up to the hub/router, so if there's any continuing problems it must be replaced. It has dropped out a couple of times a day over the last 2 days, but unable to contact plusnet, can anyone here help please?

Thanks Alan