cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi keeps dropping

Millse20

Wifi keeps dropping

Morning, I know everyone is working very hard given the recent lockdown.

Until a couple of weeks ago we were brilliant with our fibre. However, since then out WiFi drops out 4 - 5 times a day. Our devices show they are connected to the router, but it appears that no physical data is being sent. This can also happen on lan connected devices. Blue light still shines bright on the modem. We restart and unplug etc and sometimes this resolves the issues. Speed tests don’t start either when this happens.

I know there will be more demand on data, but do you think there is something else going on? We have been with pilsner for just over a year so modem is relatively new and we have never had any issues since this one. Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
aimeebird87

Re: Wifi keeps dropping

We have issues with WiFi, drops out all the time, same as you describe - blue light is on but nothing is coming through. The WiFi signal is very weak in our house too - I live in a bungalow, relatively small and it won’t reach the furthest room - done all the checks eg placed correctly. For me, early mornings are worse for WiFi dropping out. Generally quite annoying to get started. Same thing with you - pressing the WiFi button the the router sometimes resolves this - I think this manually changes the channel? (I’m not very technical) otherwise we have to restart the whole thing. It’s just very tiresome to manage all the time! Been with Plusnet a year, have 6 months left, otherwise I would look to change providers.

I have just read in another thread that the Plusnet router is notorious bad for WiFi connection and the answer may be to change the router to an alternative m, better one?!
Millse20

Re: Wifi keeps dropping

I have to say it’s been fine until about 3 weeks ago. Resetting it constantly for WiFi. Hardwired seems to be ok, so WiFi isn’t stable. Perhaps there is an error on the line?