Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi drops out intermittently since switching to fibre

Bugsy
Hooked

Wifi drops out intermittently since switching to fibre

Hey all,

having a frustrating time of it of late. Since switching to fibre from plusnet broadband it's incredibly inconsistent. Drops out randomly mid game meaning I lose a lot of progress. This is around the house. Even when I'm sat in the same room as the router.

Any ideas? It's all devices, thinking of seeing if I can switch back to broadband as fibre doesn't seem worth it Sad

thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
d8smt
Rising Star

Re: Wifi drops out intermittently since switching to fibre

Sure it's the Wifi and not the broadband connection? Check the logs on the router to see if the WAN logs show dropouts. You may want to see my other posts on the fibre dropouts I'm experiencing.It's an ongoing problem for many of us.

https://community.plus.net/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/39324

Bugsy
Hooked

Couldn't see any dropouts mentioned in the wan log but I took some screenshots incase they are labelled as something else.
Thanks for your response. Not good if there's many of us having problems. I'll look through the other posts for solutions. Only saw tickets being raised
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've attached a graph of your connection stability below.

image15033225882285

Do any of the drops shown here tie in with when your seeing the connection drop?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bugsy
Hooked

Thank you for the response. The Saturday 00:30 ish one is an occurrence. But it was ropey Sunday night and this morning I had issues again. I'll start to make a diary if it helps
Bugsy
Hooked

Twice so far tonight. 19:10 and 19:16. So frustrating. Will call up and ask to be switched back to broadband as it's getting ridiculous. Never had any issues with standard broadband
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Presumably you now have the Hub One - have you in-synced the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands, and added a 5 to the SSID of the 5Ghz channels?

Have you use a WiFi analyser to ensure you are on the least congested channels?

Bugsy
Hooked

You lost me after one Hub. Sorry. I have difficulty accessing the hub on 192.168.1.254 my tablet is in the 5ghz channel when I have got in. I'll look up an analyser now
Bugsy
Hooked

They are synced. So I unsynced and changed the 5ghz ssid enabling less traffic I guess?