cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi disappears and does not communicate with devices randomly

hadas7011

Wifi disappears and does not communicate with devices randomly

I had fibre connection installed a few weeks ago.  Had a standard ADSL by Plusnet until then. Since we have fibre, the wifi connectivity is really random.  The most affected are the various android devices (phones, tablets). Laptops seem to be better but they also experience random drop of wifi connectivity although not as often.
We have tried various solutions. sometimes, disconnecting and reconnecting the router helps, but not always.
Any advice?
2 REPLIES 2
Blake
Grafter

Re: Wifi disappears and does not communicate with devices randomly

Assuming its the hub zero/2704n then logging into the router,  changing the wireless mode to up to 300mbps can help and you could experiment with different wireless channels if that doesn't do the trick.
Those would be the first checks to do Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Wifi disappears and does not communicate with devices randomly

Any advice?

Definitely! First of all I'd get a WiFi scanner app installed on one of your Android devices, there's a few decent free ones out there.
Use that to scan and analyse the surrounding frequencies, this should also give you a clear idea of what channels those frequencies inhabit so that you can make an informed decision about which channels to try.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team