cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Issues With Plusnet Hub (Frequent Signal Drops)

SteggyLeggy

Wifi Issues With Plusnet Hub (Frequent Signal Drops)

Hi Guys,

For the past year I've been having an issue when my wifi signal would momentarily drop, and come back again. For day to day things, it doesn't tend to cause too many problems.

But when I'm connected to my work places VPN network, this causes the connection to fail completely.

If I reboot my plusnet hub, it stops doing these drop outs and everything works fine. And then after a few days will continue to drop and will require another reboot.

I've attached two screenshot's of my phone running a wifi analyser, it was stationary at the time. As you can see it drops for both 2.4 and 5GHz SSID's.

After reading some other posts, I've tried to separate 5GHz and 2.4GHz signals, and as you can see from the screenshot's this hasn't helped.

I'd really appreciate any advice or workarounds anyone can provide.

Thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Wifi Issues With Plusnet Hub (Frequent Signal Drops)

Hi @SteggyLeggy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with the WiFI signal from your router. Thank you for splitting the wireless bands. I'd recommend that you now try changing the wireless channels to see if this improves the signal. The steps to do this are as follows:

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254 If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Following the above guide to get to your 'Advanced Settings' page, you will need to change the settings within the 2.4 GHz Wireless tab and the 5 GHz Wireless tab.

4) Under the correct heading, you will need to find 'Channel Selection' on the list and change this from 'Automatic' to any one of the other channels, This can also need doing under '5 GHz Wireless' to cover both signals.

Give it 3-4 hours of testing to see if the issue still persists and try to change the channel again if you see little or no improvement

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
SteggyLeggy

Re: Wifi Issues With Plusnet Hub (Frequent Signal Drops)

Thanks for you help Emily,

I've tried that out, but I've had to restart the router so that I could carry on with my work. Which means that the problem usually would of gone away, so will need to wait for a while to see if it's actually fixed or not.

I'll post an update on here in a few days time if it has started dropping again.

Thanks again,

Steve