Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Droppage

FIXED
Craig83
Fixes: 1

Wifi Droppage

Wifi has been dropping out more and more recently but not all devices at the same time its becoming highly annoying so bad ive had to connect network cables through out the house for consoles and laptops. All devices show good wifi connection throughout the house so I know its nothing to do with that. The router cannot keep good wifi connection its absolutely rubbish i know this because anything that's wired in is fine constantly and never drops but that doesnt help our phones being connected or not. id rather go back to BT which is saying something.   

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Wifi Droppage

Maybe you have a faulty router. If you were previously with BT and still have the BT router then why not use that with your Plusnet connection? Depending on which model of BT modem/router you have you should find instructions on how to set it up on this forum. If the BT router you have is a Home Hub 5A it is the same beast, be it a different colour, as the Plusnet Hub 1.

Other things to try include: splitting the 2.4 and 5GHz bands. Also make sure that you are not using the same bands as neighbours. I use the Android 'WiFi Analyser' on my phone to monitor the frequencies that neighbours use and if necessary set the clearest one on my router manually.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Craig83

Went out and bought a new router and so far no Wi-Fi droppage and better speeds, which would suggest the Plusnet router is faulty. Videos actually stream properly now without stopping 10seconds in and all devices stay connected at all times now. Game consoles dont disconnect randomly anymore (which was the most annoying thing).

I did phone Plusnet a few months ago complaining of this situation and just got fobbed off with saying sorry but we don't guarantee any sort of Wi-Fi signal!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the delayed response on here.

I'm happy to hear you've sorted the problem by purchasing your own router.

Just out of curiosity, did you try any wireless diagnostics with the Plusnet router? For example, changing the WiFi channel etc.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Craig83

Fix
Yea I tried all of the different Wi-Fi channels with no luck tried just one device at a time and still struggled to keep a connection. The new Tp-link router though is far better. No droppage what so ever and a solid connection while playing on the consoles. Just a shame I had to go out and purchase a new one though just to be able to stay online more than a few minutes