Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling

Gavin
Hooked

Wifi Calling

Hi

I've moved from TalkTalk to Plusnet.  No issues with wifi calling on the old provider, but can't get it to work with Plusnet.  I have tried different phones as well as turning off the router firewall.  I have a Hub One. Are there any changes I need to make?

Thanks

Gav

9 REPLIES 9
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Wifi Calling

Who is your mobile service provider?

Have you connected them to your PN WiFi?

Gavin
Hooked

My mobile provider is actually Plusnet,

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Ah, well unfortunately PN Mobile does not support WiFi calling. 

Lots have complained on here already.

Gavin
Hooked

Looks like I'll be looking for a new ISP as well as Mobile provider as neither can provide me with working mobile coverage.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

It's not a problem with the fixed line ISP, I use Wifi calling on my Plusnet service with a mobile using the 3 network. It's the Plusnet mobile service that's your problem.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gavin
Hooked

Both you and Plusnet seem to think that i should differentiate between mobile and broadband as two separate companies.  Which I do not find credible.  Especially when the support areas don't talk. This together with random drop-outs I get (mentioned by others in posts) means I will be looking for a better ISP asap. 

(btw, EE who Plusnet get service from do support wifi calling) 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Gavin

In case you're not aware I am not a Plusnet employee, I am a customer the same as you. You might not think that it's credible to use two separate companies for mobile and fixed communications but many do.

The purpose of my post was to try and advise that you don't need to go through the hassle and potential cancellation costs of changing your ISP just because you don't like their add on mobile service but the choice is obviously yours.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Shack

I had exactly the same problem. I have been a Plusnet broadband customer for 14 years, and changed my mobile carrier to Plusnet in expectation of using the EE wifi calling facility, having very little cell coverage from any provider, only to find that the cheapskates don't provide it, although EE do. So I have swapped mobile carrier to IDmobile, which not only does provide wifi calling, but is also cheaper! I am also, after 14 years, shortly changing BB supplier to a better deal, as Plusnet, probably like most, do not reward loyalty.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

If I remember rightly EE only gave WiFi calling to contract phone & SIM Only customers & then it was only supported on certain phones running EE firmware. So not all even their own customers got it. & so unfortunately I wouldn't be too surprised Plusnet don't supply it being an EE MVNO.