cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi on iPhones are extremely slow

Noahmir
Hooked

WiFi on iPhones are extremely slow

So we've got 5 Apple devices, one Note8 Samsung connected via wireless and two TVs connected via ethernet cable to the Hub one.

Connection on the TVs and Samsung phone are perfect no issues. However, on the Apple devices it's extremely slow. I've tried internet speed tests and I'm getting 1mb down and 0.2 up. I've tried to do this https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...

But it hasn't worked. Is there any other way I can try to fix? Is it the router that's faulty?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
MikeBz
Rising Star

Re: WiFi on iPhones are extremely slow

Have you tried rebooting the router?  I have to do this every few weeks to keep the WiFi speed up.  Another thing to try is to go into the wireless settings in the router and if "Channel selection" is shown as "Automatic (Smart wireless)" click the 'Refresh' button at the bottom of the page (I suspect rebooting the router will have the same effect - next time mine gets slow I will try refreshing the Smart Wireless instead of rebooting).

If the channel selection is manual then you may have chosen a channel which is conflicting with other routers nearby.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @Noahmir, you might find splitting the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channel on the router to be of benefit to the Apple devices. I have sent you an email guide but there's also a forum post here if you prefer. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
Noahmir
Hooked

Hello thank you for your reply.
I tried the first option and it worked for about 30 minutes perfectly and then it stopped, whenever I try to connect to it again, an "authentication error" comes up.
Noahmir
Hooked

Hello cheers for the reply,
Unfortunately I tried this and it hasn't worked.
But thank you anyways.