cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi constantly dropping out

Kevinbell

Re: WiFi constantly dropping out

It seems like some user have got them to do a software update to resolve issues. I didn't get the same response or outcome managed to c9nvince them to send a new router which also had the same issue from new. Had to buy a BT home hub 6 to resolve matter . All you need is user name and password for Plusnet to put into home hub for it to work . Second hand on eBay about £25 and a much better router no issues since installing what's so ever.

Jones032
Hooked

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Is this the latest?

Just working through the replies

Thanks everyone for the help!
Jones032
Hooked

Wish I’d known sooner

I’ve only just left bt and posted back the hh6 last week.

Wish I hadn’t
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Jones032

Yes it is.

It might be a good idea to move you to another topic.

@Jubby thoughts?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Jones032, are you able to try the steps my colleague @BD has advised of? Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DS
Seasoned Champion

@Gandalf In my defence

Assuming you've already split the wifi (instructions on the link further up), have you tried to only connect to the 2.4GHz SSID?

I thought they'd done so... My bad

But yes @Jones032 please refer to message number 12. Do this first;)

Jones032
Hooked

Ben

Thanks for the help

I’ve changed the stopped the wireless sync and renamed to 5g.

This already seems much better, no lag, WiFi seems just faster

In response to the wired connection part, the issue is just on my phone with the wireless, I usually run my Xbox with an Ethernet cable though this seems to get dropped frequently too, by this I mean it was showing the connection just disappeared and would have to connect to wireless.

Just reconnected it and it seems to work for now. I’m unsure weather this dropping of the wired connection is related. I thought it may have been my Ethernet cable with removable ends causing issues.

I haven’t tested the socket or any of the other introductory steps yet as everything was peachy until I swapped router
Jones032
Hooked

Just done it

Swhen I try either network now they both seem to work, original and 5g one both work well!

Will report back in a few days if there is any issues

Is there a downside to running it like this at all?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear that you've seen an improvement!

There's no downsides to running it like that. If anything there's more improvements.

Let us know if the issues return

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jones032
Hooked

Thanks all for the help!
DS
Seasoned Champion

@Kevinbell I can see you wrote this 09/02/19

Hi, I to have also been having the same issues for a few months now WiFi keeps disappearing and had to restart router several times. I did manage to convince Plusnet to send a new router which didn't resolve issues. I did notice this issues started to occur after connecting more devices. Spoke to support several times did many things to resolve nothing worked.

I know it's too late for you now, but the hub one running software version 259 could have been a possible reason why your router was how it was. I don't know. A software has been 'set free' ending in 263, which was supposed to overcome the issues 259 could have created.

It seems like some user have got them to do a software update to resolve issues. I didn't get the same response or outcome managed to c9nvince them to send a new router which also had the same issue from new.

At the time I would have been on firmware 259. But due to my own setup, I wouldn't have seen any issues on 5GHz. I am surprised to see you didn't get any support. Mine was only picked up as I posted a fair bit of evidence up (no, not judging you) and those images proved something was wrong.

I too went on to use a BTHub6, but at the request of Plusnet I have just swapped back to using their Hub One.

Regarding the other posts on this thread, it is hard to work out sometimes who has set their router to what. As I and some others for that matter appear to have issues on 263, it's easy to assume other posters are in the same boat.

Separating the 2.4GHz and 5GHz can help others out there too, but time will tell if the splitting has actually fixed their issues. I hope it does.

I tend to set my routers in a set way, here is how I set mine but many leave them set to it's default settings.