Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi asks me to sign in, blue light, says connected

FIXED
Ashfleet
Dabbler

Wi-fi asks me to sign in, blue light, says connected

I have been a broadband customer with plusnet for two years now, no issues, but woke up this morning and all devices ask us to sign in to the wifi network. When we click, it takes us to the admin page which says everything is connected and fine. We have tried factory resetting the router, checking the admin page, disconnecting and reconnecting, and a million other things. It just keeps asking us to sign in. Help please. I have pictures but not sure how to attach them.
30 REPLIES 30
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Wi-fi asks me to sign in, blue light, says connected

Welcome to the forum, @Ashfleet . The pictures may help, so, to embed them in a post, start a post then click on the picture symbol in the top bar between the 'smiley' and 'video' symbols, and follow instructions.

John
Ashfleet
Dabbler

Hi, thanks. I don't know if it's because I'm on my phone but there were no options to attach anything. Thanks
jab1
Legend

Ah, sorry, should have realised the mobile site is different - I'll have look and see if I can see the option, but it may take a while as I have (a) never used the mobile site and (b) have a very old phone that might not like trying.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

On the mobile site if you select 'request desktop version' in your browser you will then get presented with the fully functional site where you can upload photos from your phones library.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend

Thanks, @dvorak , I'd forgotten about that.

John
Ashfleet
Dabbler

Wifi keeps asking me to sign in, takes me to admin, blue light, says I'm connected

I have been a broadband customer with plusnet for two years now, no issues, but woke up this morning and all devices ask us to sign in to the wifi network. When we click, it takes us to the admin page which says everything is connected and fine. We have tried factory resetting the router, checking the admin page, disconnecting and reconnecting, and a million other things. It just keeps asking us to sign in. Help please.

Ashfleet
Dabbler

Hello, thank you very much. I have uploaded the pictures on a new post using the desktop site. Thank you for your help! https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Wifi-keeps-asking-me-to-sign-in-takes-me-to-admin-blue...
jab1
Legend

@Ashfleet I am guessing those screenshots are from a phone? What other devices do you have?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Wifi keeps asking me to sign in, takes me to admin, blue light, says I'm connected

@Ashfleet 

When you did a factory reset did you use the hole in the case option and hold the switch closed for at least 30 seconds?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ashfleet
Dabbler

Re: Wifi keeps asking me to sign in, takes me to admin, blue light, says I'm connected

Hi, yes I used my earring to press it and it went green then flashed orange for a while, then blue, then orange again and then steady blue, which it is now. My phone then picked up the wifi again and still asked me to sign in as before. Thanks.
dvorak

Moderators Note

Topics from same poster on same subject merged.

Customer / Moderator
Ashfleet
Dabbler

Yes, they are all screenshots from my phone but I also have laptops, a PC and a smart TV that is connected via ethernet. None of them are working. All say the wifi is connected and secured, but when I open a browser it just says there is a problem.
dvorak

on the pc connected via ethernet can you try and open http://http://192.168.1.254/ and see if it gets you to the router login page?
Customer / Moderator
Ashfleet
Dabbler

Hi, sorry, the TV is connected via ethernet, the PC is connected via wifi. Shall I try it on the PC still or plug in a laptop with an ethernet and try it on there? Thank you.