Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi keeps dropping on mobile whilst Playstation is on

FIXED
MrMillztar

Wi-Fi keeps dropping on mobile whilst Playstation is on

Hello everyone,

Forgive me if this comes across really basic but my tech skills are still quite limited (hoping to work on that!) However, I've recently upgraded to Plusnet unlimited fibre. I live out in the sticks so before hand I was only able to achieve 2 Mb/s with Sky. Now I can get the advertised 70-80 Mb/s which is fantastic! However my problem is that when I have my PS4 turned on and sat in bed my phone just seems to disconnect from the Wi-Fi sporadically and won't reconnect. It only seems to pick up pockets of Wi-Fi now and again which is rather annoying.

I presume that the PS4 is eating up the Wi-Fi usage on the network which is what is causing this (playing online and downloading ect) however when I have the PC on I have no issues keeping connected.

Has anyone else had a similar situation to this and knows how to fix it? Would running an Ethernet port into my room and running the PS4 on a LAN network alleviate the issue?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Smiley

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Wi-Fi keeps dropping on mobile whilst Playstation is on

Fix

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

It may be worth separating the wireless bands as explained here and then connecting the PS4 and mobile to separate bands.

Alternatively connecting the PS4 via ethernet may also help.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MrMillztar

Thanks Matthew,

I split the Wi-Fi signal and it appears to have done the trick for now!

Might still looking into connecting PS4 with an Ethernet cable though to get a smoother connection.

Thanks! Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's done the trick!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team