Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi keeps Crashing

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Wi-Fi keeps Crashing

A bit easier, but still hard. Do you only have a phone - no desk-top/lap-top computer?

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Jack95  It is unfortunate you dod not have a phone, it is one of the best tools you can have to diagnose broadband faults, and can be bought from under £10 from Argos/B&Q/Supermarkets.

Chances are you have a noisy line which has resulted in the reduced speeds you are experiencing.

Sight of the Help Desk tab from the router, found by logging in, going to Advanced then Troubleshooting and Help Desk will help confirm this.

Raising a fault is the next step.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Jack95 

Your  results suggest that there might not be anything wrong with your connection. You are just having a wireless problem.

Have you got any devices that you can connect to your hub using an Ethernet cable? If so how is that performing?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Jack95, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry for the issues that you're having with your service.

I can certainly see there has been a number of drops occur on your line and testing is detecting a loop fault.

So we can rule out the cause being internal, can you please unplug all equipment from your phone sockets (including the face plate of the master socket) and give us a nudge once done so we can retest for you. If this is still being detected, we'll need to look at arranging you an engineer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Aleem562, I'm sorry that you too are having issues. I haven't been able to locate your account. If you pop me over a private message with your username or full address including postcode, myself or a colleague will pick that up and take a further look for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Jack95
Hooked

Hi 👋,

I have done this now for you.

Jack95
Hooked

I have unplugged everything for you Laura
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Jack95

I can see we've messaged you back on Thursday last week. If you can reply to the ticket 217804340 on your account with when you'd be available for an engineer visit on a weekday 8am while 1pm, or 1pm while 6pm we'll book it for you. 
Feel free to post back once you've responded to the ticket or if you need further help and we'll make sure it's picked up for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet