Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi keeps Crashing

Jack95
Hooked

Wi-Fi keeps Crashing

Hi 👋

For the past month or so our WiFi has been temperamental going from blue to orange every few minuets.

We found that when we try to stream a TV show from our xbox the WiFi goes through the on off stage. This happens when we try a zoom call or right now when we're not doing anything.

Unfortunately we do not use a home phone so we can't physically hear if the line is clear or not.

When we moved here we have open reach do some things as it was suspected that there was a loop on the line which was the issue then. It was fine for months and its only the last month or so we have had issues again.

I have turned the router off for 2 mins then on = X then I tried unplugging everything = X then I have tried disconnecting everything = X

I need help 😫
23 REPLIES 23
Aleem562

Re: Wi-Fi keeps Crashing

Hi jack 

you ain’t the only one our router has been doing the same thing but this time it’s stuck on and orange light and a symbol keeps flashing I’m having to run on data and my family cannot connect to the Wi-Fi this flashing has been going on for 40 minutes and most of the plusnet guide doesn’t tell you what to do when this happens. I thought at first it was an overheating problem so I turned it off for 30 seconds then turned it on after that it went blue for 1 minute then went back to orange. 

to plus eat can u give us a reason this happened please. 
thanks 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Jack95 Welcome to the forums. Are you on ADSL or Fibre, although that is not the main issue here?

Is it possible to post the results of BTW Performance Tester , ensuring you post the results of the Advanced Diagnostics (if possible - it does seem a tad unreliable at the moment), and the information from the 'Troubleshooting' tab on your router, obscuring any personal details?

John
jab1
Legend

@Aleem562 - I understand you are new - welcome to the forums - but it is bad practice and rather unhelpful to 'piggy-back' on another users topic. You should really start your own so anyone trying to help can follow the individual cases, which although appearing similar, could be different.

John
Aleem562

Well John I’m sorry I’m new to this and I’m stressed out so I just want a written solution on how to fix this thing

Jack95
Hooked

I am not sure, I believe I am fiber. As I think that's what my contract says. I will check it now but the connection gives us very limited WiFi
jab1
Legend

@Aleem562 I understand, but it was just a gentle suggestion.  This just a simple troubleshooting help suggestion:-

Information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
jab1
Legend

@Jack95 wrote:
I am not sure, I believe I am fiber. As I think that's what my contract says. I will check it now but the connection gives us very limited WiFi

If you are on FTTC - then try and and complete this, please.

Information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
Jack95
Hooked

Okay so here is the stats for you.
Ping 35ms
Download 24.80 mbps
Upload 7.93 mbps

Hope this helps 🙏
jab1
Legend

@Jack95 Thanks for that. Your download does seem a little low, but those figures on their own are not conclusive. Is it possible to give the results of the other link - making sure you phone number isn't visible in the screen-shot, and your routers 'Troubleshooter' tab, again obscuring any personal data?

John
Jack95
Hooked

Hi I did it with the telephone and this error message appeared

Summary Advanced Test

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

jab1
Legend

@Jack95 - Sorry - this is the link I need https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL the result of.

John
Jack95
Hooked

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in Jumper
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) help 80 71.8 20 19 66.1 Available Available --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) help 80 67.5 20 19 60 Available Available --
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 50 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available --
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available --
ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available --
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC SOADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 -- --
SOADSL Max Up to 8 -- 10 to 19.5 -- --
SOADSL Fixed Rate Up to 2 -- 7 to 8 -- --
Observed Speeds VDSL
Max Observed Downstream Speed 76.3
Max Observed Upstream Speed 20
Observed Date 2021-05-05
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available
ADSL Multicast Available
Premise Environment Status
Bridge Tap U
VRI --
NTE FacePlate --
Last Test Date --
Exchange Product Restrictions Status
FTTP Priority Exchange N
WLR Withdrawal N
SOADSL Restriction Y
jab1
Legend

Thanks - that ( I think) tells me you have a problem, but it is difficult to read in that format - an actual screenshot is much easier to read.

All I can suggest for the moment is that I ask the moderators to move this to the correct board, and hopefully one of the Plusnet Help Team will pick it up and test your connection tomorrow.

John
Jack95
Hooked

https://community.plus.net/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/105738/image-id/34251iED0F5F9923A16A0E/tab/a...

Hopefully this will help better i can't upload directly in the chat