cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no fibre broadband to my address?

molarholer

Why no fibre broadband to my address?

Fibre broadband is available from cabinets in my Nottinghamshire village - so why can't I access it?

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Why no fibre broadband to my address?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately it doesn't look like fibre is available to you, you're connected directly to the exchange not a cabinet so right now it's not a service available.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
molarholer

Thanks but I have already tried that. I understand that it might be because I am connected directly to the exchange, but as the exchange is in the middle of our village then there are likely to be numerous addresses (some of them commercial) in the same predicament. What can we do to get connected to the fibre service?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@molarholer

Find out who your BDUK local body is and start pressuring them. Also involve your local councillors, MP and neighbours.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
molarholer

Thanks for your reply. Just one point, who are BDUK?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Official Government body responsible for the provision of fast broadband in the UK.  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/broadband-delivery-uk

Split into Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and then English counties. So google "BDUK" and your country or county name (if in England) to find out who to contact for your area.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT