cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Plusnet refusing to look in to my Fibre issues

TeamGB
Dabbler

Why is Plusnet refusing to look in to my Fibre issues

To cut a long story short after months of trying basic changes and test which both Plusnet and I knew were a waste of time they have now refused to look in to the actual issue I am experiencing.

Essentially I have an issue where I am connected to my router (wired or wireless) but cannot connect to the internet. The router states there is a good connection (which is backed up by an openreach engineer visit) but I cannot actually get on to the internet. This is not an issue with the connection to the router as I can access the hub manager page very quickly and easily.

I have attached a screenshot from  the OFCOM app confirming exactly what I experience:

Plusnet have advised there are no capacity issues on the line either.

This is an intermittent issue that comes and goes (usually in morning and evening) but if I connect to my work VPN before the 'line goes down' it will continue to work absolutely fine.

Because of all of this I believe it must be a traffic routing or traffic management issue in my area, but Plusnet have refused to even look at this in fact I was told on Monday afternoon that there is nobody in the business that would even be able to look in to this.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Why is Plusnet refusing to look in to my Fibre issues

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection.

I can see one of my colleagues in our complaints team is dealing with the matter for you and updated you earlier today regarding this.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TeamGB
Dabbler

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your response, I was expecting an email and call back from the complaints advisor that I spoke to earlier in the week, but have not had this.

Can you give them a nudge?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @TeamGB

Thanks for coming back to us. I've requested that my colleague give you a call ASAP and have updated your complaint ticket accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave