cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my Fibre speed dropped??

Roostie
Grafter

Re: Why has my Fibre speed dropped??

Sounds plausible buddy....  I spoke to the lady on PlusNet Retentions and she had no idea there were so many comments on the PlusNet Forum from customers all complaining about the same problem.

Roostie
Grafter

Not heard back from Plusnet yet...  I'm going to ramp this up tomorrow I think. Yet again, buffering whilst watching BBC iPlayer, I NEVER had a problem before. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you're experiencing problems with iPlayer I would suggest reporting a fault, iPlayer works over much slower connections than yours so something else may be wrong.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Roostie
Grafter

Ok, so I got the generic "cut n paste" response from PlusNet that my package has changed and it was in error and so on...

At no point was It explained that my service would be degraded when I recontracted, why on earth would anyone agree to that?

SNEAKY tactics here PlusNet - shame on you!! Time for a move I think, Plusnet - you are losing the confidence of your customers with underhanded actions like this!

You cant just go, "oops it was a mistake on your account", go look on the forum, there are hundreds of people all saying the same thing. Was that an "oops" moment too?  If so, that a whole lot of mistakes you've made.

I urge people now to do the following and ask for a copy, preferably typed rather than audio ( which you are quite within your rights to request) of your phone conversation with PlusNet to check if the degraded broadband service was explained to you clearly.

You can do this by submitting a Subject Access Request to the following address:

Subject Access Request, Plusnet, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU

More information here:  ICO SA Request

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You moved from the higher tier fibre product, 76/19 to the lower tier 36/1.9 - we're simply aligning the speeds you receive with the ones sold and advertised at the point you changed.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Roostie
Grafter

As I mentioned - I await the response from PlusNet with the typed out proof that during my "renegotiation" it was clearly explained that the Unlimited Fibre package I "was on" was now being changed to a product with the very same name of Unlimited Fibre but of a lower speed.

You've just moved the goal posts PlusNet and I've already gotten contact details for BBC's Rip Off Britain and BBC Watchdog to action this further on behalf of all the other customers you have done this to.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

We did advise in the notice on your account that your estimated download speed would be dropping from 80Mbps to 35Mbps.

Estimated speed: 35 Mbps
This is an estimate of the line speed you'll get.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Roostie wrote:
Just wondering why I would renegotiate a new contract and agree to a lower service? Why would anyone agree to a new contract that offered a degraded service.

To save money.

Roostie
Grafter

Nope - I was happy with my deal. But when I changed I was NEVER told my speed would drop. Now my speed is even worse than ever

Roostie
Grafter

UTTER Rubbish Harry - that's a cop out fella and you bloomin' well know it. Where does it CLEARLY state that my product is changing from an 80/20 to a 40/2 setup? Not some randome gray area line that says estimated speed is 35mb.

If you were changing my product specifications YOU SHOULD HAVE NOTIFIED ME CLEARLY SO I HAD A CHOICE!!!!!

Try reading the posts on this forum from time to time, see the high amount of people who have said exactly the same thing and had the same problem.

Plusnet stucking their head in the sand and pretending it never happened and singing " la, la, la la" very loudly isnt adressing the problem.