Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get fibre

FIXED
Andrea2006
Grafter

Why can't I get fibre

Fibre is available in my area. When I do searches it says it's available.
I tried a few months ago but Plusnet contacted me to tell me it wasn't available.

I tried to upgrade again today and it went through, then I get an email saying there is an error with my order.

This happened last time , and when Plusnet contacted me they said it wasn't available in my area, so I am assuming that this will be the case again this time. It is available! Is there anything that I can do to get this?
10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Why can't I get fibre

What does it say when you put your number in the DSL Checker?

Sometimes although fibre is available, they can run out of capacity in the cabinet.

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Regarding searches, have you used the ADSL Checker with you phone number? It will also give you your local cabinet number.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Andrea2006
Grafter

It's says it's available and they use cabinet 11.
It's just at the bottom of my road 😃
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm just looking in to the order now for you. On first glance I can't see why there should be a problem, however I have noticed that the check you've run on DSLchecker shows cab 11, when I checked using your telephone number, it showed cab 1 with considerably lower speed estimates and checking your postcode showed cab 10 Huh

Would you mind PMing me with your Username and landline number so I can make sure the records are correct. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Andrea2006
Grafter

Thanks. I've sent the details
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Thanks for that, some of the details on your account are incorrect.

Leave that with me and I'll get an order placed manually, update the account and provide an update shortly via the ticket on your account for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Andrea2006
Grafter

Thanks for helping me with this Harry. I received an email today saying the product change was complete. Smiley Can you confirm if it will still be the 2/8/16 activation date? Thank you so much once again
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for any confusion caused by the package change notification. Your order is still progressing for 02/08/16 Smiley

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Andrea2006
Grafter

This is installed today, and is working great. Thank you for this 😃
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that's all working for you. Thanks for letting us know Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet