cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the problem?

marktest

Where's the problem?

Hi all,

My broadband was no longer connecting at 12:30pm yesterday. I have my own network hardware including a separate modem, router and APs. The DSL light on the modem is solid. My neighbor who is with BT went down at exactly the same time. My other neighbor is with Sky broadband and has no issues. Plusnet say my line tests are completing ok. I replaced all of my gear with the Plusnet Hub One and got the same issue (Orange LED and "B" icon), even after a factory reset and re-entering my creds.

Plusnet team have performed a line test and confirmed that both data and voice are okay and are they're not able to log a call with Open Reach. They've asked that I leave the Hub connected for the next 3 days so they can run tests and that an internal case has been created for investigation.

So... assuming that there was no work in the cabinet, all hardware at my home and next door is ok, what gives? Why is one neighbor with Sky BB working and my other neighbor (BT) and I not? We've not had any particularly adverse weather (freezing, heavy rain etc). We don't believe that there was an engineer at the cabinet that might of knocked something for both of us.

Whilst I get a solid DSL light on my modem, on the hub its always orange and the "B" icon displays for 40 seconds or so and then disappears for 15 seconds. Is this it flapping or trying sync?

From a network point of view, at what part am I separated from my working neighbor? I assume its patch level at cabinet? I don't know too many of my other neighbors to ask if they're also affected (sad world, eh!).

Thanks!

Mark

1 REPLY 1
marktest

Re: Where's the problem?

My issue us now resolved - everything came back online after 23hrs. No word what caused it or what was done to fix (if anything).