cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Transfer Speed page?

dusty_bin
Grafter

Where is the Transfer Speed page?

Sometime in the last month or so my speed has dropped from 25 Mb/s to 20 Mb/s.  Looking on the main site, I cannot find the page showing my trnsfer speed data - can someone tell me where to find it?

I have run the BT speedtest and it shows the same thing: that my speed should be 36 Mb/s and is only 20 Mb/s.  Interestingly, it shows my upstream as 16 Mb/s when the maximum should be no more than 10 Mb/s...

4 REPLIES 4
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Where is the Transfer Speed page?

Hi

PN have removed the data transfer speed page Sad

The PN profile is only applied to home who have a static IP and I believe Business customers.

If I suspect that my PN profile is not aligned with the BTW IP profile, I now start a topic here to request that the PN profile is aligned with the BTW IP profile.

Reagrds

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems.

I've done some digging into this over the past hour. Firstly I can see the connection profile(Data Transfer Speed as you know it) to be set at 21mbps. This is capping your speeds due to the way that your service routes across our network.

There's a reason for the profile being set at that, however as it's account specific I'm not comfortable in sharing publicly so I've added a reply onto a support ticket you can view from Here.

In summary though if you reboot your router you should see higher speeds.

Feel free to let us know over here if you've got any further queries or concerns.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dusty_bin
Grafter

I can confirm that the problem started between Sun 21/07/2019 and Tue 13/08/2019.  After rebooting a few minutes ago, the speed is back to normal.

Thanks for sorting it out so promptly.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me, not a problem I’m glad to see that your speeds are back to normal. If you need any further help please do feel free to let us know. Smiley
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet