Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my fibre?

FIXED
Bartfast
Fixes: 1

Where is my fibre?

Ok. I was told last week that my fibre would be activated today, the 8th March 2018. I wad also told not to install new router until I was notified it was all active. I've had nothing!

On my Plusnet account details is says, absurdly, the date that my Unlimited Fibre Broadband is 01/01/1070!  and it is pending.

Where is my fibre. I have used up 8 days of my 14 day cool off period already and I am not wasting any more waiting for it to be activated.

If it is not on by the end of tomorrow it will not leave me enough time to test it and see if there are issues or problems with speed and with drop-outs which have always plagued my current set up.

I will cancel this order on Saturday if it is not activated tomorrow. Even then I will only have 4 or 5 days to test.....not long enough.

7 REPLIES 7
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Where is my fibre?

Hi and welcome Cool

Hopefuly a member of staff will pick this up in the morning @Gandalf

Also once you are connected your speed will be set within the first 48 hours despite being told there is a 10 day training period

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

The date you were given last week was probably provisional and likely to be delayed by all the bad weather and lack of engineer availability. You will probably be told a confirmed date soon, I suspect it will be more than 14 days after your order.

Bartfast

Thanjs for the replies. I'm not so worried about the 24hr/10 day thing....I'm more concerned with having the constant problem of total drop-outs that I've suffered with my BB since switching to Plusnet. It takes a minimum of 20 minutes to ever get through to them so it's a pain to get sorted.

It matters more now because it keeps making my Netflix loose signal. I need as many days of those 14 days to make sure that no longer happens.

I was not told it was a provisional date, I was told it woyld be connected on the 8th and the box is at the end of the street. Also, the weather here has been fine since before I made the switch.

I need the time for testing so I fear I'm going to have to cancel this order and go to SKY. It'll cost more but they are more reliable it seems.
Bartfast

Fix
I phoned Plusnet this morning and read them the email stating when I would go live (8th). I also read them the email stating the date on which the 14 day cooling off period began (2nd).

It was the case as mentioned in a reply to my original post that I was not going to be made active until the 14th, just one day left of the cooling off so I requested a cancellation.

Long story short. The person on the phone agreed to extend the 14 day from the day I go active and the price was reduced so that it was only to be just under £2 more a month that SKY would have been as it was SKY I was going to move to.

I have emails now confirming these details and my activation date is set for the 17th.

Very helpful customer service and for the first time ever I got through immediately (I assume because I selected the 'thinking if leaving' option...😊

I now cobsider this query closed and am.satisfied with the response I got.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there.

I've checked your line and your fibre upgrade is due to complete on the 14th.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bartfast

Yes. Thank you for looking into it for me. I had an email stating the 8th but it is all sorted out now and I am.happy I didn't have to move as it can be a pain sometimes.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems. Let us know how you get on when your fibre order completes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet