cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is it?

mawdle
Dabbler

Where is it?

Last week my line took another dip in speed and is now around 59 Mb. Thinking this is DLM, I left it a week and did the usual BT Wholesale Speedtest to see if my speed had improved. It still showed around 59 Mb, down from 65 Mb it was getting and a long way from 73Mb in March (witch ironically was pre G.INP).
After running the BT Speedtest I clicked on the further diagnostics to get my sync speed, put my number in and run diagnostic test, only for nothing to happen.
Having now tried this over a few days and with it still not running the test, I thought I would just login to the member centre and get the Plusnet line speed there.
Now, unless I'm missing something obvious, has the line connection speed tab been removed from accounts, because it just does'nt show anywhere, so I have no idea of what speed my line is syncing at.
Is there a fault with my line or with Plusnet, and does this disappearance coincide with the BT test not being able to run further tests?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Where is it?

see my sig for a link to current line speed
Regarding IP profile - try this one (upload speed tests result will be garbage) http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Jim i just tried that myself ,,, and got  Roll_eyes    The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Works for me.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I just tried again  Wink  it worked BUT i have Lost !!!  15mbs off my upload  Huh Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

didn't you read my post  
(upload speed tests result will be garbage)
mawdle
Dabbler

Thanks for that Oldjim.
Still nothing working.
After I put my number in it just disappears from the entry box and nothing happens.
With regards to Members Centre, why does connection speed not show anymore, or is it just my account?

Any chance @Matthew Wheeler could be his helpful self and throw some checks in for me.
Thanks
mawdle
Dabbler

Okay, figured out why my number disappears after I click run.
It seems my  updated Internet Security has balked it.
Tried my notebook and it shows I'm now syncing at 62 Mbps.