cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is customer support?

Ricci

Where is customer support?

Have just moved to PlusNet as they promised much higher speeds than previous supplier.  PlusNet sales team checked my address and assured me I would get 25 to 34.6Mbps with Unlimited Fibre Broadband.  I told them my current provider can only manage about 9Mbps but was assured this would become at least 25Mbps with PlusNet.  Started with PN on 6 Oct 16 and speed was 7Mbps which slowly stabilised to around 9Mbps.  Long wait to speak with customer service who said there was a fault.  Reported fault.  Now have a text saying engineer visit required but might or might not cost me £65 depending on the fault!  Unable to contact PlusNet to arrange engineer visit as phone line reports a 45 min wait.  Contract breached so trying to cancel.  Cancellation team said not possible and put me on hold to speak with tech support.  Waited on hold for another 20 mins and gave up.  This is my last port of call before speaking with OFCOM/CISAS.

5 REPLIES 5
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Where is customer support?

To be fair to PN they like most providers rely on the infrastructure and cables owned and maintained by Openreach.  So I can't see how one provider can increase speeds over another using the same system.

What results do you get if you enter your telephone number on the BT DSL Checker? - https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Ricci,

Sorry to hear about the issue, I can promise you we do want to help you with this.

With regards to the £65 charge you may notice that this is only taken if the fault is due to your equipment, the wiring in your home or if the engineer can't gain access a the time of the visit.

We don't benefit from this being taken and don't want you to be charged which is why we recommend taking steps to make sure those reasons I've mentioned are considered and ruled out before arranging an appointment.

If you want to go ahead with a visit please update ticket 135685671 with your availability then reply back to this post and I'll handle that for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ricci

Thanks for the quick and very clear reply.  The telephone system is a disaster.  The ticket wasn't very clear about how to notify availability other than to phone but now I understand and will update it.  Thanks again for helping with this.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)
Duplicate posts removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Ricci

I agree and I said this to PN when considering changing provider.  I was told that PN uses different equipment and the speed would be much higher with a minimum above 20Mbps.  BT link not mentioned, so thanks for the tip.  BT report attached.  If I understand it, PN have mislead me.  Engineer visits tomorrow as they are saying there is a fault.