Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has the plusnet linespeed page gone

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Where has the plusnet linespeed page gone

@Kevin we are advised that the page has been retired and a replacement is being built.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Kevin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The link is not valid anymore from what I've been able to check however you can still check your speed via your Member Centre, under 'Manage Account'. On the right side of the next page below the 'Connection settings' section you have 'Bandwidth speedtest'. This takes you to the third-party site mybroadbandspeed.co.uk where you can run a speed test. Please note that although you can access this service via the Member Centre, we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of third-party sites.

I hope this helps resolve your query, do come back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

Kevin
Rising Star

@LordFoul Yes, I know I can use speedtest sites to, errrr, test my speed, but it won't tell me what Plusnet has set my profile to.

At the moment by HH6 is syncing at...

20.00 Mbps / 80.00 Mbps

31221 / 82061

But speeds tests show my max download is only 68Mb. The last time I looked at the linespeed page, my profile was set at 73Mb (or thereabouts).

I have a fixed IP and I understand the profile set by Plusnet will affect my max transfer rate.

As an experiment, would it be possible for you to set my profile to 80Mb to see if I can get nearer to my Data Rate?

Kevin.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Kevin,

I've raised your profile to the maximum - reboot your router and see how you get on.

Best wishes

Dave

Kevin
Rising Star

Thanks @RandallFlagg  seems to have given me an extra 3Mb of speed. Which confirms what was discussed in another thread, that the Plusnet profile on fixed IP's is higher than it actually is.

Lets see how long it stays up until the BT system brings it back down! Smiley

Kevin.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I think PN has reduced my profile speed on their as sadly I cannot view it this link anymore: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

Last time it was set at 78Mb. Can PN please check if my PN profile correct set at 78Mb?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Kevin.

seems to have given me an extra 3Mb of speed.

I'm glad to see we've managed to squeeze a bit more speed out to you. 

Which confirms what was discussed in another thread, that the Plusnet profile on fixed IP's is higher than it actually is.

Not necessarily. The profile on your account should be matching the IP profile of the line. For example on the 24/01/2019 your profile went down to 73400kbps which would've been the IP profile of that time.

Unfortunately following the IP profile/sync rate increasing since then, it look like the profile on your account became stuck at the old level until Dave nudged it up.

Lets see how long it stays up until the BT system brings it back down! Smiley

It should only do this if your sync rate/IP profile changes.

@goldenfibre, aye you're still set at 78000kbps which has been since 09/10/2018.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet