cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does Plusnet advertise upload speeds?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Where does Plusnet advertise upload speeds?

@ccarmock PN will not answer Sad  because they are not interested in customers , despite their adverts they only interested in gaining more cash for BIG brother BT.

And YES i agree stop capping the upload and Highlight the fact they would have the Highest upload for any ISP

WOULD be a good selling point

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

I think now 55:10 is out that is an easier option for customers to understand certainly, having a 40:2 and a 40:10 proposition but with £1 difference per month will probably confuse people more than the 55:10 choice and 40:2 on the value package, or really differentiate and offer 18:2 for the value end, 55:10 mid and 80:20 for high end.

Difficult part is options are good, but lots of market research has shown giving customer lots of choice turns them off as they get confused. Most of the people who use the forums wouldn't fall into that category 🙂 but lots of companies offer a good better best model of 3 packages, so could do that here too.

MrSilver
Pro

@rongtw wrote:

WOULD be a good selling point

what a lot of companies do is highlight "what we sell vs the others" so a good selling point would be to have a key facts table showing the things plusnet offers like 10mb upload and a column for talktalk at 2mb, so if TT don't want to talk about it and that puts plusnet off selling it, then why not sell it and advertise the rivals who arent! SO I agree, could be a good selling point, but unless people know TT are 2mb it doesnt help etc.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

In reply to message #47

That's why I don't like the 40/10 as an option. There's a lot of people whose line won't get near 80 and won't pay for Extra but would like the faster option - 55/10 makes a well graded three choice line-up with up and down increasing between each.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Here's another idea: stick to the current two product line-up but offer a "speed boost" add-on for the basic Fibre Unlimited which increases it to 55/10. Given that we see people stumping up the £5 per month for the Pro add-on (which rarely provides any benefit), I'm sure there'd be a lot of takers if it were priced at £2.50. They could advertise it as being an ideal for people who backup to the cloud.

MrSilver
Pro

@bobpullen thats a good idea from @jelv swap the pro addon for a speed boost addon! (although need to think if its an addon as not good to add on for 80:20 customers 🙂

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

So you think PN should advertise their upload more openly ?

and as such offer 3 products ie,,

Basic 40/2

Basic plus boost 55/10

Extra 80/20

Thumbs_Up  which is good for people who,s line wont support 80/20  also it would show PN as being more open about speeds

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gythral8PNC
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

480kb/s is the guaranteed speed anything over that is a bonus (even on Fibre Unlimited)

Just had PN spout that for about an hour on the phone, as my Fibre just took a nose dive off a cliff but apparently is still 'working' as per my contract

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I suspect that this will never happen as a 55/10 product would directly compete with BT's 52Mbps offering. This I understand from hearsay is 10Mbps upload. I have had a quick look at the BT web site to try to confirm but this information again seems to be missing from the initial page.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MrSilver
Pro

I think 55:10 is what be advertise as 52, in the same way Plusnet advertise the 40meg product as 38, and the 80 as 76. So if they did it they would probably offer the same rate at 52, which I suspect is a nice round number 2mb faster than the base virgin offering more than anything else!

ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@jelv wrote:

Here's another idea: stick to the current two product line-up but offer a "speed boost" add-on for the basic Fibre Unlimited which increases it to 55/10.

I think this is a great idea - if Plusnet could offer that it would be a great addition to the range.   So PN.... what about it?

MrSilver
Pro

Problem with it being an add on it will require a regarde order as it's a product change into btw, not sure how long that takes. Anyone gone from 40:2 to 80:20? Not sure if there is a regrade fee too?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Upgrading from 40/2 to 80/20 just requires us to place a modify order that completes 1 working day later.

Pretty much next day, unless placed on a Friday or weekend.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero

There is a precedent for doing it this way - Max Premium on 20CN exchanges which gave the faster upload speed (see http://trials.plus.net)

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is an option I would definitely take as I get 42/10 on an 80/20 product (it used to be lot better before cross talk tripped in