cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my internet become active?

Ts21

When will my internet become active?

My phone line has been up and running as if the 4th of october and anything I can find says that after midnight on that day it should be active, 5th now and when i test the router the light is still orange. When will my internet become active?
7 REPLIES 7
amberandkim

Re: When will my internet become active?

My phone line became active 2/10/2018 and told broadband would not be live until 16/10/2018. Hope yours is faster.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Ts21

Welcome to the forums.

While you wait for a member of staff to confirm the date, you can do a quick check for yourself to see if the order has a completion date.

Have a look at the BT Wholesale checker site at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Enter your phone number and look in the text below the results table.

It will say if there is an open order on your line and more importantly the date it is due to be completed.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Ts21

I've checked the order and it is showing that the service is now live. Does your phone socket have one or two ports on there? If there are, then please unplug your microfilter and plug your router direct into the phone socket on the wall.

If you are still having issues, please try and connect to the router to the test socket. You can view how to do this here.

Ts21

Hi there, single socket, when connected to the test socket still get the same orange light and red flashing broadband signal. Ive been told to wait till the day after my internet was meant to go live which i assume was today.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Ts21,

Thank you for connecting to the test socket - I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't resolved the problem.

I've tested your line from this side but unfortunately the test isn't picking up the cause of the issue and just indicates that your modem is out of sync. Please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it - we'll then be able to progress things further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Ts21

Hi again,
After resseting everything today it all seems to be working fine! Thanks for the quick help! Sometimes turning it off and on again repeatedly is the beat medicine apparently!
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Ts21,

Thanks for getting back in touch - I'm glad to hear that everything's up and running for you now and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced whilst you were unable to use your connection.

Please let us know if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team