cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get my Superfast Broadband?

OldMole

When will I get my Superfast Broadband?

HI all
Local exchange is enabled - cabinet work finished back in Februaryt but seems to be an issue with EO lines.
Hmmm......
Digital Scotland web site says some lines were enabled in December 2014 (although I doubt that).
How long should it take for EO lines to be brought out to the cabinets?  Long past date given of May.
Exchange is Kirkpatrick Fleming, Cabinet 2.
I need it bad........
A
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: When will I get my Superfast Broadband?

How far away are you from the cabinet?
Our checker shows you have a estimated speed of 1mbps on fibre which is why it isn't showing as available.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
OldMole

Matthew
From the exchange about 400m.  BT OpenBreach web site says:
@Exchange name: Kirkpatrick Fleming
Your serving cabinet is enabled for fibre broadband however, from your postcode or the number you've entered, it seems you can't order it just yet. We are looking at ways to bring you fibre ASAP. Please keep checking back as we update our info regularly.'
and has done for some time now.  The pdf file of activated exchanges says the exchange is accepting orders.
What are BT OR doing, apart from making bold statements about percentage coverage they have achieved which appear to say they are doing a fantatsic job just to keep the politicians happy .  I imagine that as the exchange is now enabled then everyone connected to that excvhange are counted as having fibre available even thought this is plainly not the case.
There is a new cable being run from the exchange and this has been hanging from new telegraph poles for about three months now but progress seems to have stoppped altogether.  How can I escalate this ridiculous situation?
BT OR say i have to talk to my supplier and they refuse point blank to correspond with me..........
Hopeless......
Andrew
SiMania
Grafter

I'm in a similar situation in Annan, the exchange has been upgraded and it seems most of the town can get it, but my postcode can't. I'm not too far from the exchange and get a good speed, no one can tell me why.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@OldMole - Looks like http://dslchecker.bt.com shows an estimated availability date of 18/08/15 for FTTC on your line, although Matt's point about the speed may cause problems trying to upgrade to FTTC if you think it's worth trying to upgrade  Undecided
@SiMania - Unfortunately the dslchecker is suggesting you are on an exchange only line. Although the exchange may have been upgraded to FTTC, as your line doesn't seem to go via a cabinet, it's unlikely you'll be able to upgrade to FTTC, unless Openreach decide to install a cabinet and re-route lines to the cabinet.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet