cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When it all goes wrong, what are your options?

FIXED
jackduk

When it all goes wrong, what are your options?

Been with Plusnet for a few years now at two properties. Price and customer service standards sold it to me and all has been well. Until you wake up and your Internet has simply died. Not a major drama as there was only home schooling on the cards today.

You follow all the trouble shooting, everything's seems normal and working but the blue light changes to an orange light every 5 minutes or so. Time to take advantage of that customer support they promised you. Five hours later and I still haven't spoken to a person? Oh dear, what changed?

Called twice! I can only stomach holding a phone to my ear for about an hour, so there's two hours of my day gone. Chat is down, so you read that twitter is their platform of choice. I don't have twitter, so had to set up an account just to send a message. I've sent two, no response.

So I'll turn to the community. How have you guys managed to deal with a Fibre problem lately? Has anyone got a secret email address, or know where to send chocolate covered digestives to grab someones attention?

Is it time to jump on a broadband comparison site? Been with Plusnet for a few years now, the market may have changed? Looking at the Trustpilot reviews of Plusnet, their company sadly appears to have!
5 REPLIES 5
Siennakate

Re: When it all goes wrong, what are your options?

I've been a customer for 3 weeks and I am unimpressed so far. It's almost impossible to speak to them. It's not good for people who have disabilities who find it hard to communicate by phone. There is no live chat for existing customers, no email. So you're left with Twitter or a community forum - who don't respond and both of which you are forced to sign up to. This is absolutely absurd in this day and age!!!
yorkshirestea
Dabbler

Sadly they seem to be like this now. I’ve been a customer on and off for a number of years and the customer service is what kept me but it’s not what it was. My connect stopped working today and I’ve had a similar experience to you, expect they didn’t even put me on hold when I selected the option for technical support, I was just redirected to the website. When my contract is next up I’m definitely jumping ship.

Thanks for the twitter idea, I’ll try that
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @jackduk 

I'm sorry for the problems with your connection and the difficulties in contacting us.

I've tested your line today and the tests are showing a fault on Openreach's network so I've reported this to our suppliers. I was hoping it'd go to an external task for an engineer to investigate without access to your property but it looks like we'll need to arrange a visit for further investigation.

Could you respond to the ticket I've raised on your account Here with when you would be available?

For future reference, you can report a fault online to us by completing the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net as this will open a fault ticket and in this instance, it would've automatically passed the fault to our suppliers.

I've messaged you back via Facebook and I'll message you back via Twitter shortly.

@Siennakate I apologise for the long wait times when reaching us. We've responded to your other post Here.

@yorkshirestea I believe I've spoken to you earlier about the issues with your service and posted on your topic Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jackduk

So it did take a few days to reach what must be a really busy (and small) team, over Facebook. I now know how to raise a fault online, but this option wasn't initially obvious from the website. Open Reach Engineer came out and identified an issue at the pole which he can't fix until tomorrow. Thanks to the team for calling me at home to book the appointment, appreciated.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the update @jackduk 

No problem, let us know how it goes tomorrow.

I'm off tomorrow and Wednesday but I'll follow things up with you on Thursday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet