cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the expiry date of my fibre contract?

greggall

When is the expiry date of my fibre contract?

Hi,
Can a staff let me know this date please?
Also once the minimum term has expired is 30 days notice still required if you wish to switch provider?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: When is the expiry date of my fibre contract?

Hello @greggall,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us. I have provided the requested information here via the account. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Kimberlin
Rising Star

Why don't Plusnet take note? Repeated requests from customers to find/see an actual expiry date on their contract would not be required if PN were to make the information clear when logged into your account page. My driving licence and passport have clear expiry dates on them that I can see without having to phone DVLA or the Passport Agency to clarify when they expire. And I'm happy to suck back and take it on the chin if the information is presented with clarity on my account page, just tell me exactly where it is? No, I'm not asking for a ticket to be raised here and I'm not about to leave, well, I can't really as I've only recently rejoined and the penalty involved would make me throw up lol! I'm a happy customer!

It really isn't rocket science. Why not do something about it now instead of waiting for the day the Regulator forces you to do it? Surely PN staff must be fed up to the back teeth of being asked the same question multiple times? Customers come, customers go, providing a clear and transparent contract expiry date on their account page isn't going to make much difference either way.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Maybe with the new billing etc coming in September they will have it displayed in a easy to find clear fashion, One can hope. 

Kimberlin
Rising Star

Farmyard animals might well start to fly first......Roll_eyes

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, this is something we're aware of and we're looking at for the future, I can't share any more than that with you. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Kimberlin
Rising Star

Well I had a quick search through the site but I couldn't find any reference to it, but seemingly Plusnet have now becomed the first broadband supplier to introduce end of contract reminders:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2018/08/plusnet-becomes-first-broadband-provider-to-in...

So existing customers, if the MSE 'story' is correct, won't get a reminder, only 'new' customers? If this is the case, then as far as I'm concerned, PN have really dropped the ball on this one. Angry

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @greggall

In terms of the new fixed price contracts, these are available for our existing customers too.

I would recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 and explain to them that you would like to change your agreement to a fixed price contract and they will be able to get that sorted for you.

The customer options team is open:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday

9am - 7pm Saturday

9am - 6pm Sunday