cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Fibre go live

JB567
Dabbler

When does Fibre go live

I am due to go live with Fibre today 25/07 and at time of writing my broadband is still showing ADSL with the usual ADSL speeds. I appreciate Plusnet say it can activate any time up to midnight however surely Openreach engineers don't work on a street cabinet beyond 6ish?? Has anyone heard of fibre going live just before midnight?

Thanks,

Jon
11 REPLIES 11
Ed2016
Hooked

Re: When does Fibre go live

Keep your fingers crossed. Mine was due by midnight 21/7 didn't happen (supposedly) until gone 9am next day.

At that time engineer declared it a success story. On 22/7 got 15 mins of sub-2MB. Absolutely nothing since.. and no response from engineers when fault was formally raised.

So technically late on the 4th day after promised usable fibre broadband I have absolutely nothing. Just a hub continually flashing orange..
JB567
Dabbler

I have now spoken to CS turns out the BT engineer couldn't find my phone line in the cabinet today?? Another engineer is going to have to come out.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear of the issues, I've just looked and can see we've been told that we should have an update on the 28th. Hopefully you get online on fibre asap.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Ed2016
Hooked

Hi

A very very good reason among many to cancel everything Plusnet.  Let me explain...

Just been on with Plusnet... they tell me the following:-

1) it's not their fault its BT Outreach.

2) I got my service connected  - the engineer said so. (even though only a brief connection was established - 9 hours after the engineer gave the OK)

3) For residential customers a 72-hour Service Lvel Agreement is in place - for me that ran out at 19:50 last night.

4) The issue has (just) been escalated - and 'should' be picked up by 8pm tonight (only should - as Plusnet has no control or influence over their supplier)

I now get this message from you...

5) 8pm tonight (26th july 2016) has now become a "we should have an update on the 28th July 2016". - so, that implies that you have given yourselves ANOTHER 72-hour window...

Overall, this is the most [-Censored-] service and set of excuses I have ever had from a broadband supplier.  I thought BT was bad... well seen they own Plusnet.

... and I could say a lot more.

If this is the way companies manage and service a modern national infrastructure then we do not need a Brexit to ruin the country - we have companies that can run us into the ground a lot easier.

By the way... I know may way around exchanges, fibre technology and communications... and business and supply chain management.  THIS AN OVERALL DIRE SERVICE/BUSINESS.   My personal feeling is that the advertising is fraudulent.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules

Ed2016
Hooked

Opps...  Sorry...

Crossed wires on this post...  Have been receiving so many contradictory communications this morning from Plusnet.  But my comments mostly still stand.   I am now also getting the same fob-offs , excuses, etc.. as many others are reporting on this board...  In frustration I missed the origin of the post and took it to be another fob-off for me.

God, Plusnet... How can any company using a supplier (BT Outreach) allow that supplier to dictate terms.  When my business deals with SLA breaches we are compensated by the supplier - is Plusnet????  If so, then way is some of that money not passed back to the customer for their inconvenience - just a though.

JB567
Dabbler

Fibre went live today after the 5th engineer visit. Only getting 41mbps at the router. Estimate was 60 - 45, I was hoping for the upper end of the estimate.

Does fibre speed up in people's experience or is 40 ish the best I can expect?? Strangely enough getting 16mbps upload which I am pleased with as that's the upper estimate from BT wholesale.
Chris
Legend

I'm getting someone to sort out the account on our system, ensuring it's on fibre and discounts are set etc.

Regarding the speeds, you are syncing just below the low end of the estimate range:

Estimates:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 60 45 16.3 10.5 -- Available -- --

Sync:

Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 42.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 15.8 Mbps

Are you connected in to the master socket through a filter? Any noise on the phone line?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JB567
Dabbler

Chris,

Thanks for such a quick reply!! Be checked and I get 50 at the master socket so within tolerances. Must be poor internal wiring. Now to figure out how to make the router look tolerable in the hallway!!
Chris
Legend

Glad that's helped! Hopefully you can find a way to make it look ok there.

JB567
Dabbler

Chris,

I'm assuming Plusnet don't sell/ can't get hold of the old Openreach VDSL modems?? Random I know but would suit my situation
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Not anymore I'm afraid but a certain auction site does sell them Wink

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team