cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Will I know the Upgrade is done

Fatboypirate
Dabbler

When Will I know the Upgrade is done

My fibre extra upgrade was booked and an engineer confirmed for the 21 Jan, then I was told I should self install on the 21st which I did. After a couple of  days with poor speeds I was told my order was not complete, I was then told it would complete tomorrow......I am now at a loss as to what is actually going on!  My account shows I was upgraded on the 21st, my speeds are worse than they were on normal broadband!
When will I actually know that everything has been done - not really that impressed with the lack of communication so far!
Andy
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: When Will I know the Upgrade is done

run this and report - ignore the speeds as it is the IP Profile we want to see http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do and also the current line speed - see my sig
Fatboypirate
Dabbler

Just run this - amazed as the line speed is faster than I have seen for ages! 
Download speedachieved during the test was - 20.93 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 19.31 Mbps
Fatboypirate
Dabbler

And this from the link in your sig .....if it helps....
Estimated line speed:
80Mb (This may vary between 21Mb and 21Mb)  - Checked on 2016-01-06 12:49:29
Current line speed:
19.3 Mb
Oldjim
Resting Legend

everything seems to be up and running - the automatic system worked (eventually)
Fatboypirate
Dabbler

Thanks for your help - So has the upgrade completed - if so why are the line speeds so slow?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

what was the forecast here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput and you need to advise the upstream IP Profile to be absolutely sure
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you got a VDSL router/modem? If so, have you done a disconnect at anytime since the 21st?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what I can see you're not on Fibre yet as the orders not due to complete until the 3rd of February.
You're still on ADSL2+ at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Fatboypirate
Dabbler

Matthew thanks ,  why does this date change every time in have contact with you guys, it's been 21st then 26 th now it's changed again to next month?
Fatboypirate
Dabbler

Is anyone from PN able to tell me what the link:censored is going on with this
My account  shows as upgraded and complete, I have dates of 21/1, 26/1 and now 3/2 and then  Matthew as above  telling me I have not been upgraded , online chat told me a few days ago to try a reset on my Hub One and my speeds will go up,  I have waited in again today for an Engineer and so far nobody has called.
This is [Censored] poor  - I was told when I booked this it will happen on 21 Jan  now all I get is lots of various bits of information , all different!!
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rule.