Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatver happened to the speed upgrade

FIXED
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Whatver happened to the speed upgrade

so have you done as you were asked a few post earlier?
chenks76
All Star

@tolmie35 wrote:

Can I just update some guys on here, the line can actually received full 80mb, it has been tested, I sit 2 secs from the exchange, nothing to do with the line guys. 

but you weren't on the 80/20 package though, so how do you know you received the full 80Mbps?

if you got notification of the change to 55/10 then you were on the 40/20 package, not the 80/20 package.

however as i noted, have you tried what you were asked to do earlier in the thread?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Have you had any change following my response at 4:52PM?

HarryB wrote: 

@tolmie35 - Could you try a disconnect/reconnect now. the speed profile of 40 has been correctly increased to 55 now.

As you're line is in sync at higher than this, you should now be getting higher speeds.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tolmie35
Grafter

To the person trying to explain an exchange to me, I'm actually an IT professional and have been for 18 year, 2nd you seem to have missed I've had the line tested, this was by an openreach engineer, I can receive the full 80mb, thank you. Finally I will now test after rebooting router. 

tolmie35
Grafter

Tested again, 35mb download and 8mb up, not good. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

When I checked earlier, before I left the office, you were in sync at 66Mbps down and the account was correctly set after at 55Mbps after I was done with it. 

I couldn't spot anything else that would have been causing slower speeds so it may be worth going through the fault process at http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tolmie35
Grafter

Another test done and getting 41mb, I'll leave it at that, bit disappointed not getting full bhuna but hey ho. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

How are you testing? Wired or WiFi?

chenks76
All Star

@tolmie35 wrote:

To the person trying to explain an exchange to me, I'm actually an IT professional and have been for 18 year, 2nd you seem to have missed I've had the line tested, this was by an openreach engineer, I can receive the full 80mb, thank you. Finally I will now test after rebooting router. 

maybe drop the attitude buddy.

if you got the message to say you were being moved to 55/10 then you weren't on a package where you would receive 80Mbps, you were on 40/20.

so maybe you need to start again and explain properly what your issue is, as you seem to have cross wires.
and i've been an IT professional for 20 years.

tolmie35
Grafter

Sorry I don't recall writing anywhere I was on 80mb, what I did say is that I had the line tested by an openreach engineer and I was getting the full 80mb, purely pointing out that it had nothing to do with distance from exchange etc, if you had reported this issue a while ago you would also have an attitude. 

tolmie35
Grafter

Done another test and now getting 47mb, so applaud the man who resolved this and thanks for everyone's input. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

47Mbps sounds like it might still be a little low considering your sync speed, but I'm glad to hear it's improved and that you're now getting above 40Mbps.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet