cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell is going on with my SNR?

Haybasha
Rising Star

What the hell is going on with my SNR?

Last night and again this evening dslstats is giving me a rather nasty looking SNR per tone graph, see below.
Anyone got any ideas what is going on?
Granted I do get a drop in SNR around tone 1700 in the evenings but this saw tooth effect looks nasty on tones 1375 - 1950 and again above 2800?
2 REPLIES 2
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: What the hell is going on with my SNR?

Quote from: Haybasha
Anyone got any ideas what is going on?
Not sure how anyone could do. I think all anyone could say is that somewhere in your vicinity there's some equipment generating electrical interference. I think I'm right in saying it's more likely to be closer to your home than further away but otherwise it's anyone's guess.
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/8511
This being winter there will be more interference due to atmospheric conditions and also more central heating pumps and lighting operating. But exactly what it is is something only you stand a chance of finding out I think Smiley
Haybasha
Rising Star

Re: What the hell is going on with my SNR?

The strange thing is it's only happened last night and again tonight but it comes and goes. It has been pretty windy and wet the last few days here just wondering if it could be an underlying issue like a dodgy connection somewhere on or near my line as I did a quiet line test and there was definitely crackling and pops on the line.
I've since been in chat with PN and they tell me there's nothing wrong from their testing, obviously there is and the agent I spoke too would not refer to the graph I posted here and actually told me the issue was with the testing I was carrying out on my line. All I told him was I was running dslstats and that it's monitoring not testing software!  Roll_eyes