cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with my fibre?

psings
Dabbler

What's wrong with my fibre?

It's been a month since my phone line and broadband were activated.  For around two weeks I was seeing 21Mbps down and 6.5Mbps up, then suddenly my connection dropped and I was seeing 10Mbps down and 5.8Mbps up after reconnection.
Initially I thought G.INP was activated on our line and the ECI modem wasn't up-to-date, but it proved to be a line fault.
This line fault was repaired yesterday morning first thing and the IP profile of my line was reset at my request to Plusnet.  For the rest of yesterday the speed was fine - around the same speeds as when it was installed.  Today I see the results as back to the same as when the fault was present and the members area telling my the Plusnet profile is currently 12.5Mbps!
I'm starting to get a little fed up with it now.
I fail to see there would suddenly be another line fault and I'm struggling to find a reason as to why the connection would go back to being rubbish overnight again.
6 REPLIES 6
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: What's wrong with my fibre?

It looks like a late Delta report from BT has dropped your Current Line Speed to 12.5Mbps. That should be rectified when the next report arrives, or a CRT staff member picks up this thread in the morning.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

According to that speed test the current line speed should be 19.1.
What was the speed range estimate when you signed up for fibre?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
psings
Dabbler

Jaggies - hopefully that'll turn out to be the case!  I'll keep an eye on it.
Jelv - the speed estimate from Plusnet was 20Mbps, but the BT checker on my address, postcode and telephone says 28Mbps high and 20 low for a clean line.  The OR engineer's test equipment (both install visit and fault resolution visit) was syncing at 25Mbps and gave a max line speed of 28Mbps
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've made a manual change for you. Please disconnect, and reconnect to see the change.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
psings
Dabbler

Hi Tony,
Sorry about the delayed reply - I rebooted the router and it's picked up the new profile.
I'll keep an eye on it to see how it goes.
Many thanks,
Paul
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

You should be ok now, but please let us know if other problems do occur.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team