Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What restricts Upload Speed?

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: What restricts Upload Speed?

@Gandalf 

Thanks for taking the trouble to run the report for me.  Yes a Loop fault was rectified and I am not unhappy with the downstream speed.  There was a mention of a resistance fault but it was under the front lawn and paving I agreed the benefit might not justify the excavation!

I think what confuses me is that the BTW availability checker shows a downstream rate that I am exceeding and that the upstream is at the bottom end.

I will reflect on this for a few days and maybe a OR engineer can call by. There seems no shortage of them in our area. It would be interesting to be able to find out what plans there are for local improvements.

Thanks again

TG

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @TeeGee 

It's certainly odd and I think we'd struggle to find out the specific reasons for this behaviour but it's somewhat good news that there is a fault detected as it means there's something for an engineer to fix that may improve your service, either download or upload speed or both. Although I appreciate that'll likely mean tearing up your front lawn. 😬

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LaurieEdwards

Hey! I may be wrong, but a signal booster can increase the speed. I don't know if it is possible to post links here, but I chose here -https://www.myamplifiers.com/ 
Let the moderator remove if links are prohibited.
Good luck!

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

I have now found out what restricts my upstream speed - THE PLUSNET HUB ONE.

My Ebay £9 HH6 was connected this afternoon and my upstram speed immediately INCREASED from 1.3Mbs to 4.6Mbs.

I am seriously brassed off by having to suffer the poor performance of the Hub One and having to replace what is clearly sub standard eqipment myself.

That'll Do? No it (insert expletive) well will not.........☹️