cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with youtube?

phlebas99

What is going on with youtube?

For the last two/three weeks Plusnet has completely changed it's level of service delivering Youtube to me. I now struggle to load videos in even 360p, and for the first time since I was with virgin media I find myself catching up with Youtube videos. Some videos just stop midway and will not restart.

With virgin, it turned out to be a mix of traffic management and caching server problems.

I know it's something similar because as a test, I can take any youtube video that's struggling to load, chuck it into a proxy site, and it loads in HD in no time at all - either the proxy is changing the route the video is coming down, or plsunet is unable to determine it's a Youtube video.

I don't get this issue using other sites or streaming services (such as Netflix or twitch).

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?

2 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 92

Re: What is going on with youtube?

This is probably of relevance.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

phlebas99

Re: What is going on with youtube?

I'm on the DNS servers in your working set, and my ip is 51.9.XXX.XX

Surely though, if I was having the issues mentioned it your post, it would be causing greater issues than related solely to Youtube?

Being able to run multiple 1080p streams from Twitch, but not a single 360p Youtube video isn't normal.