cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens at the end of my contract?

stevenandjoanne

What happens at the end of my contract?

My contract is scheduled to end in early September? What happens then? Should I expect to be contact beforehand with an offer of a renewal for another 12/18 months. Does it just turn into a rolling contract with the same cost but with a one month cancellation period?

I have tried searching for the answer but couldn't find anything definitive.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: What happens at the end of my contract?

Once out of contract you are free to carry on with your services without being tied into anything Smiley  If you were to switch isp then the new isp would give your current isp plusnet all the notice that is needed.

You can also contact plusnet and see if they are willing to give you any savings but this normally means signing back into another 12-18 month deal.

Its totally down too you what you do, me personally i prefer not to re contract, ive been out of contract for some time now and i prefer it this way. If i have problems with my internet or phone and plusnet dont correct it,, then its easy for me to move onto another isp as im not tied into anything.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep, like my mobile phone company. You've got a few options:

1. Stay with PlusNet if you're happy with them.
  2. Move to another provider if not.
  3. Phone them, tell them you're thinking of leaving and see if they can give you a better (cheaper) offer. But if they do you'd need to commit to a new contract. I had to do this with EE. 
  4. If 1 you'll need to give PlusNet some notice, which will cancel your broadband completely. I suspect you wouldn't want that. Really it is only an option if you're considering moving.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, as I usually am Smiley

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

About right although I had a CS person who was, to be blunt, pretty hopeless. Kept having to go ask and eventually I just hung up. Even more annoying was they chose the very time I have not to call me i.e. when I was at work. From the pricing I would have saved some money but I never did get an answer as to why I would have to fork out yet another £5 for the static IP address that I already have! Like I said, got fed waiting.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

They couldn't have been new and unsure - like when you get someone new in a shop, etc.

Bear with it, being a weekend I don't know how many staff are around these parts - so they may be able to help.