cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean in English please?

BRABUS
Grafter

What does this mean in English please?

OK so I have been waiting patiently for fibre now for a very long time.  For 2 years now we have had dates given to us via the NT checking site but each time we get within 2 weeks of the available date, it changes.
This time it was due to be available 31st December but I have just been on to be greeted by this new message that they have never displayed before.
"FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- This cabinet is under review. We'll explore fibre broadband solutions & will update once done.."
Has anyone else had this message previously and what does it mean please.  I have a feeling it means "hahaha you are never getting it" but I hope I am wrong.
2 REPLIES 2
JHewess
Grafter

Re: What does this mean in English please?

Chances are the engineers have struck some sort of 'obstacle' while researching where to put the cabinet. It could be something like an issue with the existing ducting or power supply, or it could be a local authority planning thing. There's also the possibility that it really just means they're trying to decide whether or not it's commercially viable to spend the money on a new cabinet. If it is the latter, are you aware of any BDUK schemes that your local county council are involved in? If there is one, there might be further info on their website. goesussex.co.uk is one example for instance. Also, have you checked the openreach where and when website? It might have a little more info.
Edit -
Also its worth keeping an eye on roadworks.org for any planned /future work on the cabinet. I found it really informative while waiting for my cab to be upgraded recently.
wytco0
Grafter

Re: What does this mean in English please?

Your not in Costessey are you?
I have just noticed exactly the same message however in my case the new ADSL cabinet has been in place for some time.
Seems like total incompetence from BTO to me (as usual), they have stated and missed date after date for more than 2 years, I am sure they are just trying to frustrate alternative supplies which is exactly what they did on my area where an alternative wireless provided withdrew from the area as BTO were promising FTTC.