cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do call that Open Reach fibre integegrity check/home visit thing?

FIXED
Kryten
Rising Star

What do call that Open Reach fibre integegrity check/home visit thing?

I spoke to an Open reach guy today and my neighbours are getting speeds way faster than me and he recommended a "Fibre 'something' check" and I can't remember what it's called. We're in a rural location but supplied from the same pole in the lane and according to him, not that far from the cabinet.

3 REPLIES 3
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: What do call that Open Reach fibre integegrity check/home visit thing?

Fix

Openreach's "Broadband Boost" product?

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/serviceproducts/broadbandboost/broadbandboost.do

Word doc - https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/serviceproducts/broadbandboost/downloads/BroadbandBoo...

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Kryten
Rising Star

Thank you very much 198 (I'm not a number, I'm a free man). It was actually called something else but that will do. Apparently I have to get a BT qualified Telecoms engineer to sort out my sockets and extensions first as recommended by Plusnet live chat. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Kryten wrote:

Thank you very much 198 (I'm not a number, I'm a free man). It was actually called something else but that will do.

You're welcome.

I have a vague recollection that it was called something else originally, but for some reason the word 'boost' came to mind, and a quick google confirmed it. Hope all goes well.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)