cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Were finally getting fibre in our village...but....

craigy88

Were finally getting fibre in our village...but....

so ive noticed our grass banks have been getting dug up and fibre cable laid. as far as i know it is FTTP. do BT automatically run the fibre to our house/socket or do plusnet send an engineer to come and do it once i upgrade to fibre etc? ohhh i cannot wait for a decent speed!! Cheesy

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Were finally getting fibre in our village...but....

@craigy88 

Put your phone number in the following and see what it says

https://www.openreach.com/

If indeed it is FTTP coming your way then while that's good news but not good - PlusNet don't currently offer a commercial FTTP service. You would need to change ISP to get the benefit. PS - I'm assuming it's OpenReach that's doing the work.

No connection will be made to your house until you place an order. Whether you have an overhead or underground connection a fibre cable is laid to your property and then terminated to an Optical Network Terminal (ONT) inside your house. You then connect your router by Ethernet cable.

Brian

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @craigy88

I can see @bmc has responded to your query Smiley I couldn't have worded it better myself.

Best wishes.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Are you sure that it's not FTTC in which case the fibre ends at the cabinet and from there comes to your home over the existing telephone cable? 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'