Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Today WAS The Day

PembsPanther
Grafter

Well Today WAS The Day

Morning All
Well today is the day, finally fibre upgrade due to happen anytime soon Smiley
Thought I would open this thread now as I cannot imagine for 1 minute this process will happen all on its own with no issues but hey hopefully I will be wrong and this will end being a positive thread with me heaping praise on Plusnet and Open Reach for a job well done...................
For now this is what I have:

I work from home running 2 VOIP lines and a multitude of other things so speed has been a huge frustration for the last 10 years, ever since I moved from a NTL Telewest area (remember them?? Fibre really been around that long and here I am all these years later only just getting it!) so this is a big deal for me and is going to make my life a million times easier and quicker!
Hub One s plugged in and connected, has been for a couple of weeks now, don't like it, it is not in the same league as my Asus AC68U but for some reason they refuse to play nice together, I will figure out why once fibre is up and running and then for the moment just use the Hub One as a modem, might even throw it in the bin and buy an old Open Reach modem off the well know auction site.
Back soon.........
22 REPLIES 22
dannyboy75
Rising Star

Re: Well Today Is The Day

Hope it all goes smoothly.
I don't have a Hub One, but I'm fairly sure I read that it doesn't allow you to run it in bridge mode (i.e. as a modem). So your only option would be to use the Hub One as a router and your Asus as a better wireless AP.
I have an Asus RT-N66U which I wanted to keep using when I switched to fibre, so I just bought an Openreach modem off eBay.
PembsPanther
Grafter

I had heard about the lack of bridge mode but was hoping to be able to find some hacked firmware, I did read it is capable of it but software limited, if it proves too much of a pain then I will just bin it and get an Open Reach modem.
Shame really it has been a reasonably stable unit since I plugged it in but the lack of features software side is unacceptable.
dannyboy75
Rising Star

Yeah I know what you mean about crippled features. I received the Sagemcom router when I switched, which is pretty awful too. Less than 10 minutes after plugging it in, I was on Amazon ordering my N66U on next-day delivery.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Thinking it has happened:

Presume just waiting for the paperwork to filter through to PN to have the "software" switch done and IP Profile changed etc.
Smiley
PembsPanther
Grafter

Well looks like I am just waiting on PN to do their bit, I will see if I can gee them up in the other thread.

dannyboy75
Rising Star

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your PPP session?
PembsPanther
Grafter

I did earlier, I will try again now.
PembsPanther
Grafter

No not made any difference, slowed it down if anything Sad
I have read in other thread once OR do the change PN then have to change package or something or other their end before the speed actually increases, still only lunch and it looks like it is done apart from this final part so looks like praise may well be on the menu, for once Smiley
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You should get an email/text to say when they have done their bit - but someone watching this thread may get it done a little quicker.
EmpireCad
Grafter

It's my big day too.  Results just like yours: better upload but no change on download. Disappointed.  Sad Sad
PembsPanther
Grafter

Knew it would not be simple, they have just opened a ticket to tell me they are changing my product and if I agreed to £xx.xx, if I did not reply to ticket, then the ticket was updated by someone trying to blackmail me into paying this months bill even though by their own terms and condition it is not due for another 2 days, purposely unpaid as I wanted to see what kind of an experience today was going to be after the initial upgrade was totally cocked up and we are now on attempt number 2, 2 weeks later.
PLUSNET GO SWIVEL! No money until this is done, don;t do it and I will be a new Sky customer by the end of the day, charge me whatever you want for cancelling as I will not be paying, I will see you in court!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't this simply a case of starting from scratch so as to reset your contract date to today. I'm no expert but going by your upload speed isn't this just a case of waiting on PN to tweak your profile?
PembsPanther
Grafter

It should be yes but they are trying to tell me they cannot do it until I pay my bill, it is not due to be paid until the 20th so why demand it 2 days early whilst holding my fibre upgrade to ransom?
Ridiculous, all ready to go after having 2 week delay after initial order cock up and now they tell me they cannot change my package whilst there is a bill even though according to their own terms and conditions I have 14 days to pay! Off to check out Sky and the new Sky Q
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): personal attack on a member of staff removed as per forum rule.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry but there is no reason to be rude, I have explained that this is a purposely built system limitation. Changing an account whilst the billing date is in the past can cause major issues with future billing and is not something we should do, not to mention that the account change system actively blocks us from being able to do this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.