Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird speed results.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Weird speed results.

The "engineer" has told you total nonsense. The GEA test clearly shows you were on fibre extra (80/20 profile). All the ports in the FTTC cab are capable of 80/20 unless you were on a faulty port. Your throughput speeds are low but that is another problem, possibly exchange congestion. So have PlusNet changed your product to 40/10 as I don't believe Openreach can do it directly, if so what are your speeds like now?

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Weird speed results.

@RealAleMadrid

The engineer rang Plusnet, who in turn spoke to me and was decided to put me back to 40/10. But engineer did say that it was more likely to be a port problem. Plusnet did tell me though that as soon as the port problem was sorted, they would send me an email to see if I still wanted to go ahead with the upgrade.

As for speeds, they are back to a stable 37.6 and 9.4..just as they were before trying the upgrade. I don't think it was congestion because some of the speed tests were done around 2-30am others around 4am. to try and rule out busy times.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.